Author Topic: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me  (Read 48854 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2009, 07:27:27 AM »
Might be worth trying some rescue remedy (only the proper stuff, no cheapy imitations) behind Chuch's ears.  This can have a calming effect.  If it doesn't work on him at least you could use it yourself. :rofl:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #224 on: November 23, 2009, 07:22:10 AM »
It's just lovely to hear that he loves his new home  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #223 on: November 23, 2009, 07:13:46 AM »
Thanks Jane, Charlie has been amazing. He's spent all his (almost) 7 years being free yet he loved his 'room' from the minute he walked in!   

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #222 on: November 23, 2009, 06:25:35 AM »
Have been reading this Shirley - glad you decided to adopt Charlie in the end and that things are going well  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #221 on: November 23, 2009, 05:57:02 AM »
It's finding some food he likes -i had FIVE sachets open yesterday!!!!!!    :grrrrrr:     I think he's playing me up just a bit!    :heeee heeee: :heeee heeee:

He had a nice cuddle on my lap last night and came to bed with me for  a while     :catlove2:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #220 on: November 23, 2009, 00:02:38 AM »
Forgot to say, Mr CDS said Charlie used to sit on the windowsill crying-he's never told me that before! He doesn't even sit on the windowsill!!!      :evillaugh:

Awww! That's cos he was looking for his slave true meowmy!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

That has to prove to you Shirl that his place is certainly with you!  ;) :Luv2: :hug:

I'd defo put it in Chuch's food, give him only a bit say 1/4 of what you would normally give him (food wise, what you know he likes) mix the powder from in the capsule into it, that way you know he has had it all!  :sneaky: He wont know its there by the way....Unless you show him!  :evillaugh: ;) :hug:

Best of luck!  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 00:16:55 AM by Bazsmum »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2009, 17:22:11 PM »
Yes, Charlie seems fine, he settled from Day 1, it's just my unhappy Chuch! I tried Zylkene when i was trying to catch Charlie's mommy and she did go in the carrier in the end, but don'y know whether that was just coincidence!

Forgot to say, Mr CDS said Charlie used to sit on the windowsill crying-he's never told me that before! He doesn't even sit on the windowsill!!!      :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2009, 16:52:01 PM »
He actually sounds very content Shirley!  :wow: I think you have got no probs with Charlie at all....Just the Chuch!!! Yes try not to let him see you stressing, they can pick up on our vibes too!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would actually be tempted to try Chuch on the Zylkene, he is the one who needs that calming effect at the mo...It wont harm him, just chill him out if its gonna affect him at all!  ;) :hug:

Good luck on your ongoing mission!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2009, 16:35:56 PM »
  " Is Charlie out of confinement now then? "     :what:       :thinknot:  I'd be in a looney bin by now if he was lol!

He never seems to want to come out! When Chuch is outside i'ii open the door and he sometimes walks into the hallway and kitchen, but mainly stays in 'his' room, bless!

Chuch has been a good lad today, no hissing at me, but i'm still wary when i stroke him-i try not to let him see that! x
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 16:36:49 PM by Shirley »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2009, 16:09:56 PM »
Had a call on my mobile today, but missed it and didn't know the number anyway, so rang a few times. Eventually it was answered-guess who??? The CD's!!!!! They'd had Janet's letter and rang to say how happy they were that he was now out of this horrible weather! We had quite a long chat actually-they're glad he's got a good home!

What they actually phoned you!  :wow: Glad they are happy he is in his preferred home!  ;) :hug:

Is Charlie out of confinement now then?  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2009, 06:04:38 AM »
 :rofl:  Trigger!!   He wasn't later on then cos it's GONE!!!!    :lol2:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:05:29 AM by Shirley »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2009, 23:22:16 PM »
perhaps he's just pleased to see you ;)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2009, 18:22:31 PM »
 :rofl:  again!!!!  It's a bit difficult NOT to notice his butt when it's in your face! lol

Had a call on my mobile today, but missed it and didn't know the number anyway, so rang a few times. Eventually it was answered-guess who??? The CD's!!!!! They'd had Janet's letter and rang to say how happy they were that he was now out of this horrible weather! We had quite a long chat actually-they're glad he's got a good home!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2009, 16:40:12 PM »
 :shify: We needs a pic of Charlie's butt!  :innocent: Is this something new I wonder, have you checked his butt out before and not noticed anything?  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2009, 16:09:05 PM »
 :rofl: Baz!!!   They must've been worn out whistling then having to go to work!    :yawn 2:

The lump isn't actually in his bum hole (what a conversation!!!) it's just below!    :Crazy:

I'll put Chuch's food bowl back then.  x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2009, 15:45:23 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sorry visions of you staring at his butt!  :rofl: :hug:

I would just keep Chuch's food where he is used to it...I reckon Charlie will of lost his old smell by now anyway!  ;) About his bum I honestly dont know, best to get it checked out though...Hopefully something simple that they can just push back in!  :sick: ;) :hug:

I was wondering what would happen when the CD's found out Charlie is now safe....Are they going to rehome another cat now I wonder? That was good of them whistling every morning....Glad they took the time and effort to do this!  :tired: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2009, 15:38:37 PM »
LOL Baz-no tears today so far! Chuch woke up and wanted food, so i put it outside Charlie's door (a suggestion to associate something good with the smell of the new cat!)  He just sat in the kitchen waiting for it, aww bless. I left it and hid behind the door, he went to it and walked away! TBH that's nothing new, he does that anyway!
Neither of them seem to drink water, so the Zylkene will have to go on the food! It is a plug-in !

Got another little problem now-have noticed a small pink lump by Charlie's bum!!! (No i don't spend my time looking at his bum! lol) When i sit on the bed by him, he walks round and round, headbutting me and his tail is in the air, so i've either got his head or bum facing me! I lnoticed it yesterday but thought it may be a bit of poo left inside (!)   :sick:  but he had a poo last night! Any ideas?

Janet rang me today-she'd had a visit from the CDS's who'd received her letter telling them the good news! It was Mrs CDS's birthday yesterday and she said it was the best present she'd ever had!!! He still went out whistling every morning!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2009, 14:52:49 PM »
Good luck for today's happenings Shirley, am thinking of you and sending calming vibes (to you not the cats lol!)  :rofl: :Luv2: :hug:

I would plug the Feliway in (if its a plug in obviously!) It takes about a week to have any noticing effect....Ive heard the Zyklene can be added to water so it will do them both good!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2009, 19:33:21 PM »
Awwww poor Tosker     :(

Two people  on CC are sending me some Zylkene and a Feliway diffuser-don't know whether they're for me or Chuch!!!       :grouphug:

Just went to see Charlie and he picked up his little cat nip fish and had a little play!!!     :catplay2:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2009, 18:56:21 PM »
Chuch is playing the 'I'll keep her guessing' game, and sounds like he is winning paws down

I have the same problem here with Tiffany and Tosker both wanting fuss at the same time, and I find it quite difficult stroking two cats at the same time in different directions :Crazy:

and it always ends in tears, as when Tosker sees Tiffany getting all relaxed and purry he forgets that she hates him, and decides to cuddle up to her - and gets a whack and a hiss for his pains :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2009, 18:41:06 PM »
Oh is that it Gill?    :rofl: he came back in about 10 minutes after that and jumped on my lap!!!!    :grrrrrr:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2009, 18:19:55 PM »
you ignored him for 10 secs  :rofl:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2009, 15:41:24 PM »
 :rofl:  Baz!!!!  He's just had another go at me!!!! He was lying on my lap on his back, like a baby, then, completely out the blue, he jumped up and scratched my chin and hand!!!!!     :scared:

I don't know about cool, he's gone ice cold!!!!!!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2009, 14:51:30 PM »
Chuch is telling his mum to stop fussing, how can he act so cool then be called Chuchy woochy!  :naughty: :rofl: :hug: Its expected Shirley so he is just being normal!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Bless you being nervous, I used to hate typing trials.....Even though I can touch type I forgot everything down to nerves! You never know, fingers crossed for the outcome anyway on either that one or the one that took your no.!  :hug: :hug:

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, does this mean that there will be no more sectioning for Charlie...I think he will be a total star for you, Chuch will have his grumbles, but that is just him saying "Im still top cat"!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Best of luck x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2009, 17:09:30 PM »
Spoke to soon! Chuch has just decided to go out the front door, stopped by Charlie's room, then carried on, i bent down to fuss him and say what a good boy he was and he jumped up, meowed and hissed at me!!! Scary!

Interview a bit scary as well! Two people-aaarrgh! Only lasted about 20 minutes and had a 'test' to do before that e.g explain how you make a cup of tea to someone who's never made one before'!!!!! What's that got to do with Health Records?? Think i came across as too nervous! Called at the transport co. we used at work and big boss man was there-gave me a hug and had my phone number in case anything comes up!!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2009, 15:03:09 PM »
Sending tons of positive vibes for you interview Shirl~~~~Best of luck for this!  :hug: :hug:

That is good already that Chuch and Charlie have had no barrier's in between them with the door wedged open, I really think this is gonna be a piece of cake....Charlie can cope much better with only being with one cat....He has grown so much with his experiences of late!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2009, 10:52:23 AM »
Still all quiet here-i've started wedging Charlie's door open with cardboard (!) and Chuch has  had a couple of sniffs and walked away!     :ok: They're both asleep on their respective beds at the mo! Think i might try introductions on Sat-today i've got an interview    :scared: and tomorrow i've got a full day, so can't have any added stress! lol

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2009, 18:42:17 PM »
 :rofl:      :rofl:  I suppose i'd be tired lying on a bed all day! Hope he IS relaxed and not poorly-he normally loves to come out of his 'cell' !

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2009, 18:17:14 PM »
Is that weird??

OMG!! I can see what is happening here, it stands out for miles!!! He is tired!  :rofl: :hug:

That's one relaxed babe you have there Shirl!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2009, 17:31:04 PM »
Well, that's as clear as mud!    :rofl:

Chuch has gone out so i let Charlie out-he sat in the hallway in the dark for five minutes (i could only see his eyes lol) -just went to see what he was doing and he's back on the bed!!!!    :Dont know:

Is that weird??

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2009, 17:03:55 PM »
What's Yagga Yak Yak mean?

Well I was speaking (or trying to) in a french accent to him and Jack become "Jaques".....which became "Yak" Yakerty yak (wrong spelling but a song)....any way it ended up Yagga (cos he has a tache) .....Well to answer your question "NOT" I dont really know!  :evillaugh: :rofl: :-: :hug:

Bet your glad you asked?  :rofl: :hug:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 17:04:23 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2009, 14:47:38 PM »
I was wondering why you mentioned "of last week", the ex must of been expecting for that I bet!  :naughty: :rofl: :hug:

Charlie does love you, and dont forget in Chuchy's funny old ways he is showing his love of you with his starting to accept the situation!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2009, 14:43:41 PM »
No, Ollie's (Chuchy) not the hero, it's my ex-who-won't accept-he's my ex, who was the hero   :rofl:  He was the one who suggested we go back to the CDS's street and it was him who saw Charlie, that's why he was 'my hero' for an hour lol!

Charlie doesn't look like he'd do a runner, in fact, i've never seen him even sit on the windowsill looking longingly out lol!  He loves me! lol

What's Yagga Yak Yak mean?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 14:45:43 PM by Shirley »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2009, 14:36:10 PM »
My Yagga Yak Yak is Jack!  :evillaugh:

Seen the name under your avatar and never clicked!  :shocked: Ollie the hero eh! Is there a reason for "the hero" part?  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2009, 14:34:15 PM »
 :evillaugh: :hug:

That's fab news....Now if Chuch was gonna have big issue's with Charlie him peeing in his tray would not be tolerated!  :wow:

Can I ask a question? Now you can see first hand what Charlie is like in a home environment would you say he looks like he would shoot out of your door/window if he had chance?  :shify:

You probably know what Im getting at.....Cats need to be treated in a certain way to want to stay!  ;) :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2009, 07:52:26 AM »
 :rofl:  Dead right Bazsmum, why didn't i think of that??  (Don't know if i've told you but his real name is Ollie-the 'hero' of last week called him Chuch when we met and it just stuck!)

They are pretty gorgeous aren't they lol?

When Chuch went out last night, i let Charlie have a roam around again, and again, he weed in Chuchy's tray!!!! No problem from Chuch when he came in!! Who's a good boy then!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Grey semi feral missing from Lodge Park, Redditch now! FOUND
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2009, 02:54:29 AM »
Hi Gill, Chuch is pronounced like Church, but without the 'r' lol!

:rofl: Sorry but I imagine it may sound more like hutch!  :evillaugh: :Luv2: :hug:

Yay! Out of the Lost & Found sect at last! Gorgeous pics of your beautiful babes there Shirl..... :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2009, 17:04:14 PM »
LOL Trigger and thanks!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2009, 16:10:10 PM »
I am so pleased for you Shirley

all that persistence finally paying off with such a happy ending all round - even if Chuch doesn't yet know he's happy about the new arrangements :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2009, 15:46:23 PM »
Thanks Gill -i'm a bit dense lol!

Link to CatChat