Author Topic: Asbo now called Andy the Stray Tom! Has a forever home  (Read 37435 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Asbo the Stray Tom update
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2010, 15:06:26 PM »
Hi Hunnies

Well i have a horrible looking trap and will be setting it up in my garden for next two nights and hopefully catch him. 

Had a horrible fight this am with both Garf & Marl with Asbo and also little Maise who is in my garden alot now (see pics)
Marl & Garf don't mind her but this am Asbo came in as Maise was here and all hell broke loose  :(

I have spoken to next door this am and have asked her to keep Maise in for next two early mornings incase she ends up in the trap and i will keep my two in the house.

They are good peeps next door and little Milo has already been done  ;D and they were saving the money to get Maise done. Bmth CP said they would help get Maise done so she is rining them to get her in asap.  Wonderful CP  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I am scared out of me head with trying to catch Asbo in the trap. I know it's not going to be nice and i hope i can do it.  :scared: :scared:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Does it vary in the CP branches if they PTS FIV stray cats?
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2010, 12:06:22 PM »
The problem is Trigger it's the cat's owner who has to apply for the vouchers. Their name and address of the owner has to be logged on the voucher or it's not valid. Not sure how you come by yours but that's not standard CP procedure. We don't issue vouchers to third parties.  :shy:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »
while Tiffany was still spending her nights in my neighbour's porch, and her days in my enclosure, he would not pay for her to be spayed, as he said she wouldn't get pregnant - I on the other hand had visions of every unneutered tom in the area climbing into the enclosure

so a friend who works in rescue got me a CP voucher to pass to him, and I added a bit of cash to make up the full amount - told him voucher came from HQ and cash from local branch - and he then had her done - meanwhile he was earning more than me - but annoying though it was it was all in Tiffany's best interests

so is it possible that CP would help out with vouchers? even if you had to surreptitiously have to pay for it?

it would be difficult for the neighbours to ignore free spaying/neutering, surely?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2010, 11:35:56 AM »
mmm my Tilly was calling at 5.5 months

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »
So Milo must be about 10 weeks younger than Maise then as he was Tia's 2nd litter after Maise was born. So he must be about 4 - 5 months old.

Got sdome pics of Tia the mum (1st two) and Milo the little lad (last two) Def mummy's boy and daddys girl!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2010, 23:58:57 PM »
and the vet bill!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2010, 22:11:03 PM »
Just to say the gestation period is usually 9 weeks but can be a few days shorter. They can come into season again within days of giving birth. We've had females calling again when the kittens are less than 2 weeks old.  :(

I'd give it to her straight... tell her she'll be knee deep by next Christmas and the cat food bill is going to be horrendous.  :doh:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2010, 21:55:05 PM »
Hi Tan, i'm no cat expert by any means, but i believe a cat is pregnant for nine weeks and can come into season again when she's finished feeding the kittens? I hope you manage to catch Asbo and talk your neighbours into getting their cats 'done' before anymore babies appear!    :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2010, 20:21:46 PM »
Luckily Asbo goes in the op end neighbours house at night so has warmth and food in there. Kathy my neighbour who is helping him and helping me trying to catch Asbo has an older cat called Sam and Sam is tollerating Asbo sleeping in the house  :)  He's to past it to Bover!! says Kathy!!  :rofl:

I will try and get some pics of Asbo but he's a fast mover!  Hopefully the pics won't be of a personal "moment" with Masie in my garden!

Got any iodeas on how to kindly approch nice couple next door to say agian - please get Maise and Milo done!!  Not sure how old Milo is as i can't remeber when he was born but Tia got preg almost straight away again after having her 1st litter :(  How long is a cat pregnacy?  lol i should know shouldn't !!  :shy:  :shify:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2010, 18:43:55 PM »
She is lovely and her dad must be too  ;D

I love Marl pondering  :rofl:

Probs is, that you dont want him in your garden and guess others dont either so leaves him nowhere to go , except across the road to the field. Where does he go when its cold, snowy and raining?

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2010, 17:53:35 PM »
Aww, she's lovely bless her  :Luv:  you're right though she could be pregnant now the little one in our garden was and she was younger than 7mths  :(

oh! Marl's there and he's got his little paw in the air while he ponders  :evillaugh:  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 17:55:03 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2010, 17:51:39 PM »
lol bottom pic is Marl getting ready to chase her!! but chickened out!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2010, 17:49:19 PM »
3 of us are def preapred to feed him if he is released back here but will he stop fighting and coming into Garf and Marl's Garden. I wouldn't hesitate to have him my self if it was a safer area where the cats are safe to go out  well at least safer than here away from a bad road.  and if my cats got on ok with him but sadly they don't :(

I have just managed to have 10 mins run around and play time like the opld days in the garden with Garf & Marl until madam Maise came and took over the play!  :innocent:  She is a cheeky imp but lovely  :shify:  :Luv:
She looks like her dad who is Asbo .... and Tia the mum is pure black as well as Milo is Pure Black.  Maise doesn't get on with Tia at all now so i think thats the main reason she keeps coming into the garden and that i have great cat toys to play with!! lol

Here is Maise, she's about 7 months old and prob pregnant by now  >:( :(.

Marl and Garf have just started to try and play with her but all she is interested in is the Da mousey!!!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2010, 17:00:48 PM »
Our CP trap, neuter, release those cats who are going to be cared for and are in a safe area, hence why most of those here were released back and are all still here.  But if  a fair few have lost lives in your area then I think Asbo would be better in, as you say Tan.. a safe place of his own.   Good luck with this  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2010, 16:45:22 PM »
I dont think Asbo will last long with that road to be honest......he has got away with it until now probably because he is hunting out mates on your side of the road and I hate to think of lovely cats continuing to sleep rough and hunt for foods if they could have a home of their own.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2010, 12:37:41 PM »
lol Are all Garefeild's piggies then!  My Garf is a right dreamies addict!! 

To be honest hun, my biggest worry is that Asbo is fighting with my Garfield almost every night and if he has any FIV or something, i am scared for my lads.  I am also worried about Asbo and that he deseveres a good home. I have stopped himn getting into our house with the Microchip cat flap so at least my lads are now safe in the house.  So unless when Asbo is done and he calms down enough to live in the area without coming into my lads Garden and fighing and also for his own sake i think it best for him to try and be homed. I think if he calmed down he could be ok here but is it best for him to leave him living rough esp with the road at the back? 

Yes i want my lads to be safe and happy again in their garden which is their only outside space but also would feel so awful if Asbo got killed on the road and i didn't  try help him have a safe place of his own or somewhere safe.

When i spaoke to Brenda at CP this am she said that the basket def won't work now as my neighbour tried to get him and he was too quick so he won't go in there any more so only trap now will work hopefully.

What do you think hun? It's an awful long way to come down here. I so don't want to put any more work your way  :(

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2010, 11:58:21 AM »
Tan, hun, I will PM you my phone number. Have you thought about whether you are going to try to keep Asbo in the neighbourhood or do you want us to take him? If you want to take us up on the offer, perhaps it would be easiest to do the whole thing in one go - it's notoriously hard to catch a wily tom cat a second time. They wise up about traps really fast.... unless they happen to be Garfields who think being trapped over and over is a small price to pay for extra nibbles.  :innocent:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2010, 11:54:28 AM »
WE need some pics of Asbo......love that name LOL........and hope he is trapped soon.

I bet after he is neautered he will be a big softy  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2010, 11:52:10 AM »
I think they think cause Milo is younger (from 2nd litter) that they have time but Asbo has certainly got to Maisey i am sure already  :(
She sits in my garden waiting for me to go out and play and if i do with my lads she will take over the play.

Asbo 1st appeared when The mum (tia) went missing at a very early age for a month and came back pregnant and Asbo appeared!
Now he is the bully in the close terorising and fighting all the cats.  :(

He is a wonderful looking Tabby and the neighbour trying to catch him thinkis he has been abandened from home rather than been feral all his life and would settle in well in a home :).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:53:22 AM by Tan »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2010, 11:50:44 AM »
God knows hun i really don't understand them not getting them done. They just seem to leave it??? 

I have just spoken to local CP and trap will be ready at weekend so going to collect it :)
Think we will set it up in neighbours house instead of the basket so one night hopefully we can then set it and get him down to the vets.

I am worried about their little Maise though caus eshe is small and scared of Asbo who is follwoing her alot :(

Good that you'll soon be getting the trap.

We have allotments behind us and farms nearby and there were some young feral cats I suspect came from there.   I trapped all bar one and a stray tom was chasing this poor little female out of the garden.  I did manage to get her eventually and then the tom but it was a nightmare because of that  :( so can imagine the scenario.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:52:49 AM by Janeyk »

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »
A basket wouldn't work, she would defo need a trap- easier for the vets to handle in a crush cage aswell  :)
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2010, 11:39:35 AM »
maisy and milo will mate if not neutered.

no wonder kids today have no idea of right and wrong when their parents dont, these people only love cats cos they think they dont have to do anything to look after them.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2010, 11:36:43 AM »
God knows hun i really don't understand them not getting them done. They just seem to leave it??? 

I have just spoken to local CP and trap will be ready at weekend so going to collect it :)
Think we will set it up in neighbours house instead of the basket so one night hopefully we can then set it and get him down to the vets.

I am worried about their little Maise though caus eshe is small and scared of Asbo who is follwoing her alot :(

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2010, 11:30:04 AM »
the neighbours' two unneutered cats are going to mate any time soon anyway

would this thought encourage them at all to do something about it?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2010, 11:23:27 AM »
Yes it's hard when ya a right softie! lol that's what is happening with my neighbour who is trying to catch Asbo. So really there's two soppy cat lovers trying to catch a stong scarey hissing cat. Poor lad he is only like that cause he is scared :( 
Mind you he is not so scared as i caught him around Maise (the little unspayed girl) yesterday outside the front and he didn't run off when i tried to cut off his route to Maise.  men and their hormaones hey!! lol

The neighbours with the three cats (two unspayed Maise & Milo) are right next door to me but the lady who is helping me catch Asbo is the other end of the terrace block. We are a small "close with about 8 terraced houses in an L shape. We have a big cat population really just between our close,  my two lads who are indoor/ cat proofed (well for my cats it is!! lol) garden (well not so much in garden lately :( ) , then the 3 next door, one cat that lives with the lady who is helping me catch Asbo. Her Sam is old and is tolerating Asbo coming in to sleep, then we have another two other neighbours with two cats each  (all been done :) )

There used to be only Sam cat and my two in the area but we have had alot of changes past year with new neighbours with young cats.  I know at least 3 have been killed on the road that runs at the back in year so far :(

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2010, 10:46:03 AM »
If Asbo is going into the house next door but she can't get hold of him then you could put the trap in there and put food in the trap - without setting it to him used to going in there, this is also sometimes done outside.  I've only ever trapped outside though.   Once you've done it once Tan it get easier, the first time I did it I felt awful doing it but it will be worth it  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »
Ok i will ring local cp to see if a trap is anywhere near free yet.

Nope i don't think they are on benefits. They are a nice couple, she works from home and he is out everyday at work.  I don't know what more i can say to them without being a further "poking nose" in neighbour. I have never come across a neighbour before that hasn't had their animals done! What's so stupid is if it's cause of money then surely letting the little girl become pregnant will cost more with more kittens again. 
They have had 6 kittens now by the mum and they found it hard to rehome them so kept 2 out of the 1st lot (this is the little girl who comes into my garden and her brother who got killed on the road 2 months ago)  The 2nd litter the mum had 2 kittens but one had to be put to sleep as the mum bit the tail off at the stub while giving birth biting the cord.  They wewre on hol at the time with her brother looking after the cats. He came over to me and i said get the kitten down to the vets straight way as it was screaming  :'( :'( I went down with him and they had to put her to sleep. Awful :(  Porr little thing i will never forget it.  :'(  The one kitten that was ok is the little brother who was allowed out early as theit cat flap wasn't secure enough.   So they have three cats next door at the mo!

The mum's sister was killed on the road as well. She had been spayed just before.

Do you think it's best to have the trap in the neighbours house for Asbo?  She said he has been sleeping the the basket which she is trying to catch him in so maybe the trap instead and one day when he has been used to it set it?   I have given her loads of catnip as he loves that but still no luck with the basket!

Crap at this aint I!!  :-: lol
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:39:49 AM by Tan »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2010, 10:12:02 AM »
Tan I'd get the cat trapped asap otherwise you could have a worse problem on your hands  ;) 

Hope you can get the neighbours to see sense too  :hug:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:15:46 AM by Janeyk »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »
Tan, are they on benefits? Or low income? If so CP will do vouchers for them. But they have to request help themselves.  ;)

My personal rule of thumb for sneaky-sneaky catchy cat methods is two weeks. If they ain't gonna do it the easy way in two weeks, it ain't gonna happen,  :innocent: Trap time!  ;) As I said previously, we need a bit of notice pet if you need Canterbury's help. If you have problems getting hold of a trap from your local branch we will figure out a plan. We're good at plans.  :naughty: But don't delay getting a trap in... plan 1 didn't work so it's plan 2 time.  :tired:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2010, 09:54:05 AM »
I think so. They are a young couple and both do love their cats but seem to have no understanding of responsiblity.   :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2010, 09:49:36 AM »
would they neuter if you could get them a voucher?

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2010, 09:47:28 AM »
Not very good and it's got worse now :(

Sadly my neighbour  3 houses away where he sleeps at night still hasn't managed to get him in my large basket she has to catch him yet. The prob is she works everyday and he mainly comes in when she has gone to bed and before she gets up so she hasn't much chances to catch him in the basket to shut him in.  I really hoped we could catch him the "nice" way and not the trap way but it taking it's time and not working :(  She is the only one he will go anywhere near.  i have been setting up a "feeding station" outside in an allyway while i am waiting for a trap to come but it's not going to be easy as there are at least 8 cats (3 from next door) in my close (about 8 houses)  who are allowed out all the time so wil have arrange them all to be kept in at certain times so they don't get caught in the trap.

Prob is now one of the little kittens from nextdoor who comes into the garden (thankfully garf & Marl are not bothered by her) is now 8 months old and still not spayed  >:( :(  She doesn't get on with her mother (now spayed)  and her brother (not neautered)  so is alot in my garden. She jumps from the 8ft shed roof and gets out by a small hole in the fence as she is still quite small.  I used to play alot in the garden with Garf & Marl but she comes in everytime now go out there so it's stopped the garden play :(
The worse bit is this am i came down to find Asbo in my garden trying to mate with her  :(  So it won't be long before she is pregnant if not already.  I have told next door many times she should be spayed kept in till it's done but time goes on and they don't seems to be getting her done.  I think it's cause they can't afford it and also the neutering for the brother.
They did the same with the mother ie she has had two litters and the 1st was when she was only 6 mths old :( 

So now with her in the garden there is a reason again for Asbo to come in and fight with Garf & Marl :(  Since i had been leaving food out for Asbo in the allyway he has stopped coming in the garden so much but now with the little litten coming in so is he again.

Need to stop her getting in the garden so need more netting around the shed, need to get Asbo caught and neutered and also next door's Girl and boy done. Got any advice good peeps of Purrs?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:49:56 AM by Tan »

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2010, 19:22:33 PM »
How it going with Asbo?

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2010, 15:46:43 PM »
Yep, something along those lines.  :evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2010, 15:19:09 PM »
 :hug: :thanks: :hug:

This must be  Our Sharon then   ;) :hug:  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 15:19:53 PM by Tan »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2010, 14:36:15 PM »
Well we can find him a good home if he decides to comply with the hoomans.   :wish: Our Sharon sits in her office with a Sorting Hat on just like a Harry Potter film.  :evillaugh: She waits for the phone to ring and if the applicant passes all the fierce and deadly tests, she decides which cat they are allowed to be enslaved to.  :agree:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 14:21:12 PM »
I hope so hun :)

It seems he was caught in a catnip frenzsy last night with his tum in the air  ;D

i will try and get a pic

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 14:18:01 PM »
I hope he lets you catch him sounds like it could be the start of something good

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 13:36:43 PM »
Just wanted to Thank very much the wonderful Canterbury CP for a wonderful offer for Asbo if nothing can be found down here for him.  :hug: :hug: :thanks:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 13:31:01 PM »
We are currently trying the catnip / food in basket trick to hopefully get him in to the vets asap.

My neighbour where he is sleeping every night thinks ge isn't "feral" but a very scared and she has managed to stroke him but he is very "on guard". She thinks he has had a home and has been lost or not taken when owners have moved. Poor lad :(
She def thinks he is rehomable and quite a softie but so scared at the mo.

Will let ya know how we get on catching him.

Link to CatChat