Author Topic: Niagara has fallen!  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Niagara has fallen!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 17:40:43 PM »
I can relate to cats not being relaxing  :scared:

Please3d they are both OK  ;D

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 17:07:27 PM »
Poor you for the worry.

Funny you can tell whose wee belongs to who. One of mine wee goes into a ball and the other is stuck to the bottom of the tray!!

Think the ball is Charlies, he does big boy wees.lol

Nicky

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 09:26:03 AM »
Can totally relate to this lol!!!  Naughty Mosi, but very glad he's OK  :hug:  :Luv:

Hard enough monitoring one cat with 2 trays lol!!!

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Niagara has fallen!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
Phew!  So much for cats being relaxing - they don't have make us worry sometimes.   

I got home from work yesterday a bit later than normal (about 5.30pm) and when I went to scoop the litter tray it seemed hardly used.  Only one wee, although it was fairly big and may have actually been 2 in the same place.   I did leave work a bit later in the morning so I just assumed they had done their morning doings before I left for work and simply hadn't needed to go during the day.   But as the evening went on neither of them used it.  I was wondering whether they'd gone somewhere else and wandered around the flat checking all the corners for damp patches!  When I found nothing  I started to worry as if there was only one wee in the tray it was Jaffa's (I can tell which clump belongs to which cat - is that sad?!) so Mosi had not used the tray for at least 12 hours.  Also unusual for Jaffa to not go at all during the evening despite eating and drinking as normal.  I started to worry that one or both were blocked.  Bedtime came and finally Jaffa did a wee so I knew he was alright.   But still nothing from Mosi.   I couldn't get to sleep because I was worried about him and wondered whether I ought to stop up all night and watch him in case he was blocked and had been all day, although he wasn't showing any signs of being uncomfortable.  Eventually I went to sleep and woke about 3am to the sound of litter tray activity - it was Jaffa dioing a wee but there was nothing else in the tray so still nothing from Mosi.  A couple of hours later I heard scraping in the tray and as Jaffa was on the bed, that had to be Mosi!  Sure enough, when I got up an hour later, there was an extra wee and poo in the tray.  I am very tired now but at least the boys are ok!  Why do they do this to us?!

Link to CatChat