In Loving Memory Cats > Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory

Had to let Bruce go today

<< < (3/3)

Judecat (Paula):
So sorry for your loss Jezebel. :hug: :hug: :hug:

You gave him safety and security in his final months and that was priceless, and the dignity of passing before he got distressed.

R.I.P Bruce. :Luv:

Liz:
So very sorry for your loss, you gave him love and a home and many never get that chance and he has  left pawprints in your heart for ever x

Sue P (Paddysmum):

I agree.  You gave him the biggest and best gift - a safe and loving place for his last months.  That has a value beyond price.  But I'm gutted for you.  Xxxxx

Sootyca:
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bless him.  You did do something for him - you gave him a lovely home and let him go when it was too much for him to continue in this world.

:hug: :hug:

RIP Bruce

jezebel:
I can't really believe this but after all we've been through with Bruce, hoping that eventually we'd get him healthy and happy, today we had to let him go.

He'd become quite ill over the last couple of days - coughing, laboured breathing and not wanting to move much. Took him to the vet today and they found a lot of fluid on his chest. More investigation showed he had massive heart damage. The only alternative would have been to drain his chest and put him through more procedures, and then more medication, with a strong chance of it not working. Given his age and already poor state of health, we felt it was unfair to put him through any more.

I'm gutted. I miss him so much already and feel so bad that in the end we could do nothing for him.

RIP you gorgeous, gentle lad - affectionate and purring right to the end. I hope you enjoyed your first couple of months with us when you played and had fun in the garden. So sorry we couldn't do any more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version