Cat Rescue & Rehoming > Rescue & Rehoming General

new kitten info please!!

(1/2) > >>

Beccles:
At or around 6 months old is pretty standard BUT kittens can be safely done when they are much younger than that; it's a smaller operation which they recover faster from, but not many UK vets do it yet. I'll be waiting till my girls are slightly over 6 months as they didn't have the smoothest start in life, one's quite a bit on the small size for her age, the other's got dodgy hips. Also I want to make sure I'll be around and not busy to nurse them afterwards - have a feeling it'll be quite a job to stop Letty (the naughty one) from getting at her scar... or her sister's!

cheshirecat:
brilliant thanks Rebecca. I'm lucky my sister is a vet nurse so I get discounts on lots of things!!

Whats the best age to neuter kittens? My cat was 18 months old when she came to me and was already speyed x

Beccles:
The famous Wizz has a brilliant factsheet about it, cheshirecat - you'll find it here: http://wizz-catz.co.uk/behavioural.html

When you're thinking about potential costs remember monthly insurance for life, 2 vaccinations per kitten, a spay/neuter... the extra food and litter's not that bad, it's the other stuff that really hits you in the wallet!

I've loved having 2 kittens at once - they're so nice together, and they entertain each other which means a little less work for me - and then twice as many snuggles when they're tired out  :Luv:

cheshirecat:
Thank you Ela. As I said in my post yes i can afford them thats not a problem.

as for introducig them correctly - how do I do this in the best possible way?

Ela:
They should if introduced correctly, however, please make sure you really can afford the extra mouth and all the other expenses that come with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version