Cat Rescue & Rehoming > Rescue & Rehoming General

What to ask when getting a retired breeding queen?

<< < (7/7)

Desley (booktigger):
I know someone else who had a retired breeding queen, but she had been in a pen most of her life, so knew nothing about playing etc. I would ask what her life is like, i.e. in a home or in a pen, if she is penned, then I would be wary, but if she has been treated like a member of the family, she should be OK.

hels:
from what i've read about other sphynxs mine seems the same. i dont know if there is much of a difference. connie hates kittens i foster but it might be because it reminds her of having kittens which maybe she didnt like.

chaotic_kittyuk:
Hiya, At the mo, I'm looking at a female cornish rex, the one i've just seen is lovely but i don't know much about retired queens and am wondering how she will settle in to a home as a pet with my 5 year old devon she will be 3 next april. I'm hoping she'll become a mischievious l'il madame...just like my boy is, he was a rescue so was quite shy to start with but he's really come out of his shell, also i know some cats once spayed tend to slow down...
Will i notice a difference or will she just be like any other rex, hmmm, questions , questions.

hels:
My cat connie is a retired breeding queen and I dont really know what questions to ask or whether we asked any... what sort of breed are you interested in? my connie is a sphynx

chaotic_kittyuk:
Hi, i was just wondering if someone could give me some advice on what to expectwhen rehoming a retired queen and also what i should ask the breeder when considering purchasing a retired breeding queen?

Many Thanks

:thanks:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version