Cat Rescue & Rehoming > Rescue & Rehoming General

Help Please

(1/5) > >>

Millys Mum:
I would trap them in the manner Teresa suggests, to the vets and then straight in the spare room in a cage. You will have a better chance with them in a small space where they cant hide!
If they are 6 months you have got yourself a challenge but it can be done   :luck:
They will learn to use the tray, you can sprinkle soil in the tray to give them a hint.

Mum cat should spring the trap if shes not a smart cookie!

carl (billy and baggys dad):
I can't offer any advice unfortunately but just had to say that I admire what you're doing Sam, you're doing a grand job  :)

Teresa Pawcats:
The kittens should be heavy enough to spring the trap, have you checked that the trap is set ok ? If all is set ok a little trick I do to catch lightweight kitties is to put a small heavy stone on the plate in the trap to add more weight,you can also fiddle with the mechanism at the top of trap(if its the big grey metal type) to set the trap to go off more easily, just tweek the little bar that goes through the top to hold the door until it is right on edge. When you put the food in it needs to be right to the back of the trap and make sure none is trapped under the plate.
When you get these kittens in the trap do you intend to take them directly to the vets in it or have you been loaned a proper carrier to transfer them to you ,because you will not be able to get near them without being torn to shreds, have an old blanket ready to cover the trap once they are caught that way kittens will be calmer, also try to get vet to keep them overnight and ask for intradermal stitches and a left earnick. Feel free to email if you want my phone no to talk it all over. Final thought dont set the trap when you know the vet is closed.

Gill (sneakiefeline):
Email recieved and passed on, sounds to me, with limited knowledge you are doing OK. You going by good instincts I think  ;D

samginger97:
I have been feeding them when I feed my own and they are used to the schedule now! :wow:

I go out before work and when I get home I feed them and talk to them while they are eating so they get used to my voice. I just can't get closer than a meter away not even with smelly fish! The mother is different as I can call for her and bang on a tin and she lets me stroke her as she eats. She goes mad if she comes in the kitchen and I shut the door though, this then sends my cats mad whom I shut in the living room but she still comes back for fuss when I open the door.  :)

She will make some-one a good cat but she would need a flap to get out - I cant put one in as my cats are house cats and I do not let them out. See my dilemma? :(

I have their food bowls outside my door under two roof tiles so the food will not get wet. I have put boxes out there before now as well to try to encourage them to sleep there but they always go back to the shrubbed land between all the houses - its fenced off and humans can't get in. It was left to go wild so I think its where they shelter.

I have a back room- spare room, But I do not know if they will use the kitty litter boxes???!!!!. I will go back in when I'm finished here and see if they have used the litter. My cats do not go in the spare room anyway so it would not be hard to keep them in there. Should I get them in the cage, neuter them and give them their injections and then bring them in?

Have no clue what I am doing....... :Crazy: :scared:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version