Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Being silly but i'm really scared

<< < (3/3)

Sam (Fussy_Furball):
Michelle,

Try not to worry babe ... I know it's easier said than done but you have to try to remember how many furbabes have an anaesthetic every day that do come through OK.  Unfortunately there are always the very few times when something does go wrong but you have to try not to dwell on these.  Obviously my heart goes out to your friend I can't even begin to imagine how she must be feeling at the moment.

I agree with Sonya ... when you take your little ones in tell the vet of your concerns and explain why you are worried.  I assume your vet has already met your girls and checked them out to make sure they are OK for the OP.  Although no op is 100% safe I think cases  of kitties not making it are a lot less frequent than those that do.

I know exactly how you are feeling as I took Rossi in for her op on Tuesday .. thankfully everything went well and she was fine.

Try to stay positive and I'm sure it'll will be OK.

Rosella moggy:
Do you know what happened to your friend's kitten? Did the vet explain to him/her what might have gone wrong? What the kiten ill? That is just so sad. Is it exactly the same vet that will be operating on Freddy and Lala or is it just the same vet practice.

I'm sure you're right that it was just one of those things but you might want to try and ensure that it is the senior vet that operates to put your mind at rest.

sonya:
aww michelle, try not to worry  :hug: if you're feeling a bit anxious when you take your furbabes in, ask to speak to a vet who can go through everything with you, im sure they'll be more than happy to reassure you and they should check the little ones over first anyway to make sure they are happy and well

Im sure everything will be fine,

Sonya
x

Michelle (furbabystar):
My 2 babies are booked in to be done on tuesday ! (Freddy and Lala)

In all the years i have had cats i have never really worried about having them done but a couple of months ago my friends 7mth old kitten didnt come round from the anisetic and as we use the same vets i am scared to death !

I know it was prob "just one of those things" and is not likely to happen again but i am really starting to panic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version