Author Topic: HELP kitten wetting  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: HELP kitten wetting
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 19:06:16 PM »
As Ela says, the kittens were too young to leave their mum, so it sounds like they haven't fully got the grasp of litter trays. She could prob do with putting a few trays down, to help the little girl and also when she has to clear up an accident, rub the tissue round the tray so it smells like a toilet to her. A covered tray might be too confusing at that age, and she might also not like the litter, we always tell people wht they are using so they can get the same. Good luck with her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: HELP kitten wetting
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 17:51:09 PM »
Firstly the little ones was too young to leave its mum as a kittens learns many of life's skills between 5 - 8 weeks. It is suggested 1 litter tray per kitten and I extra, try different litter in each. Perhaps the little one should first be taken to a vet to insure there are no underlying problems.

To remove the smell of the urine and hopefully stop a recurrence  I suggest you clean the area thoroughly with a solution of hot water and a enzymatic soap powder, allow to dry then  wipe everywhere down with a spirit brandy,  gin,  whisky,  rum (I did purchase some rum in France once and it was so horrid I used that on the carpet and it worked very well)  and if that is  too painful  surgical spirit.   Once all traces of urine are removed  you could put a little dried cat food down or try Feliway spray from the vets,
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Parée

• Adult Cat
    • Teddy Boys Reunited
HELP kitten wetting
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 17:27:19 PM »
My daughter Paula has bought two kittens last weekend, the little girl keeps wetting around the flat, she is only seven weeks old. During the day when she is at work they are kept in a large dog pen and she uses the litter tray when in there, but as soon as she is let out she starts wetting around the flat. She has read that she may need a bit of privacy and has bought a covered mess tray, has anyone any other suggestions?
A cat is for life

Link to CatChat