Author Topic: Claw clipping  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Claw clipping
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 11:34:43 AM »
I check on them all the time. He never fully retracts so I normally pick up clapton with a jumper or fleece attached  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Claw clipping
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 11:04:11 AM »
IT is important to keep them under control if they can't do it themselves - I found out the hard way, when we found that 2 of Snowy's had grown into her pawpads, they are now checked on a weekly basis
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Claw clipping
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 10:20:01 AM »
I am thinking of getting clapton's claws clipped as they are really long as he has no teeth to chew the sheaths off. I am a bit concerned as he was attacked by an aggresive Tom yesterday. As he is virtually toothless and his claws are his only defence (except running away which he does well  :evillaugh: - takes after me  :evillaugh: ) is it a bad idea?

He clipclops around on the wood floors  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat