Author Topic: Pickle soiled in a corner..... Just moved house...  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Pickle soiled in a corner..... Just moved house...
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 14:22:51 PM »
Glad your move went ok........its early days yet, im sure this wont last long......... x

The more time in house the confidence will grow......then just think of that great "outback" they'l have :)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 12:27:03 PM »
Feliway diffusers would be a good idea and spraying some of the feliway spray on prominant areas plus the area she has soiled might help.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:11:04 PM »
This could be territorial. She's saying, "this is MY home!".  Big cats do this in the wild. Poops have a longer lasting marking effect than wees.

My guess is that she'll stop doing it when she feels more at home in your new place.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline x Beckie x (Buffy)

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
Pickle soiled in a corner..... Just moved house...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:51:03 AM »
Hey,

We moved house last weekend and we are just getting settled. The kitties seem to be liking their bigger house except yesterday Pickle soiled by the front door. She has done this before at the old house, did it 2 or 3 times and then she stopped. Im guessing the house move has stressed her out and shes not used to a larger house.

How can i calm her down and re-assure her??

Link to CatChat