Author Topic: Playfighting  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: Playfighting
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 13:24:46 PM »
If she's the instigator then I wouldn't worry too much! Especially if it's just superficial scratches from a wayward paw as opposed bites that are turning into abcesses.

You should hear the noise Chilli makes sometimes if she's not in the mood to play, sounds awful!

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 13:21:38 PM »
Poor Marble was stressed last year and we did have issues but saw the vet and took some extra measures and all is good now.

If we catch Soap really tormenting Marble then she does get put in time out but that's not often anymore.

I was more concerned about her war wounds but she goes in for the rough play with Bourneville so she must enjoy it. She only gets little cuts/scratches which always heal so I guess all I can do is keep an eye on any future ones she gets.

Think I'm just being an overprotective parent lol
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 13:22:42 PM by Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ »
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 13:15:53 PM »
It sounds pretty normal to me as long as there are no other signs of stress (cystitis, inappropriate toileting etc).

Since I've been keeping Dave and Chilli in to try and stop Chilli visiting a heavy smoker (she keeps coming in stinking) she has started to succumb to Dave's charms again, in fact she's grooming him as I type, she is engaging in play with him more and more. There is grumbling and hissing on her part and I do have to chase Dave off occasionally but otherwise she is happy with it. There's no real aggression, she's as happy and cuddly as ever and I have even seen her bite his ankles as he's walked past her :evillaugh:

Again, she shows no signs of stress ans has in fact started sleeping on the bed with me and Dave for the first time in over a year :Luv:

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
Playfighting
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 13:07:35 PM »
So I have Bourneville (6), Marble (5) and Soap (1). Bourneville has always been playful, Marble has always been fairly quiet and calm and then Soap is just into everything and full of energy. She play fights with B, who is at least twice the size of her and she tries to play with M who will occasionally join it but usually just hisses and runs off.

Soap basically put herself in the firing line and quite often has a little scrape usually on her head around the ear area. I will find the little scabs when I'm stroking her and will keep an eye on them to make sure they heal ok which they do.

I'm assuming this is all ok and just part and parcel of a multicat household and a boisterous Soap! If she didn't like the rough play, she wouldn't continue to go in for it right?

I have feliway plugged in all the time just to make sure everyone is happy :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Link to CatChat