Author Topic: Cat obsessed by tv  (Read 1049 times)

Offline lizalex

• Kitten
  • Slave to: jack and carly
Re: Cat obsessed by tv
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 19:31:13 PM »
thanks for replying - no, we haven't changed the way the tvs been cleaned since we got it (about 5 years ago) and he started doing this back in November.  tv just gets dusted or wiped with damp cloth
although i did wonder whether a wipe would put him off - but thats obv not a good idea so i won't try that

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Cat obsessed by tv
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 19:22:39 PM »
Have you washed the screen with anything or cleaned it with wipes cos it could be the smell if you have. Somethings and anything with bleach in it can attract cats cos it smells like a component of their urine

Offline lizalex

• Kitten
  • Slave to: jack and carly
Cat obsessed by tv
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 19:10:37 PM »
Hi
Jack is 8 years old - he has recently become obsessed with the tv. We have not changed the tv or the stand - it seems to have come out of the blue.  He stares into one corner of the tv and then starts really wagging his tail strongly and scratches at the screen.  We have tried putting things in his way, putting lemon juice near tv, shouting, playing bagpipes (his worst nightmare-we recorded them from tv at new year!)  All make him get down for a few minutes and then he goes back.  Anyone got any ideas to stop him doing this?  would appreciate any help, many thanks-liz x

Link to CatChat