Author Topic: Cat and its bottom  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cat and its bottom
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 20:20:03 PM »
I meant her waistline lol any type of prolapse is not good.  It would certainly be wise to have her checked over by someone who can actually see her  :shy:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 23:48:06 PM »
cats can suffer from fly strike so you need to get it checked out

Offline michelle_w

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 23:33:50 PM »
Hello and thanks for the reply. Yes you are right the area around the actual hole does look like it is slighty larger/sticking out? I also wanted to say she has been standing still a lot recently and like waving/shaking her tail around in the air. She never did it before and I just assumed she was scenting. No idea if this is unusual as well. I also noticed today she has been weeing by my front door on the mat, which is unusual for her as she always goes outside, has a cat flap so can go out whenever she likes. But she does seem ok in her self so I am not sure.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 20:12:41 PM »
It could be a worm segment, tbh its hard for anyone to advise so i would take her for a nurse to check, often a nurse appt is free so it would sort things out easily!
As to her not cleaning her bum aswell has she got a bit larger round the middle?!

Offline michelle_w

• Adult Cat
Cat and its bottom
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 22:38:22 PM »
Hi everyone just a quick question not sure whether it is anything or not. Ive noticed recently that my female cat doesnt have the cleanest bottom. It has very dried poo around the anus hole. It isnt really bad but she always seemed to be cleaner before. I left it and just kept an eye on which never really got better. But today I looked and I am not sure whether there is a very small white thing attached to it to or whether it is part of her anus its hard to tell. I am just wondering if this is normal? She is wormed regually and was wormed about 3 days ago. If it could be something from a worm will it just drop off, it seems rather stuck, if it is anything at all. Can anything burrow into a cats skin? I guess I just want reasurance that there isnt a possibility it could be something that could be potentially harmful too her. It is hard to tell whether it is anything at all, she wont let me hold her to have a look!!

Link to CatChat