Author Topic: Bach flower remedies  (Read 1120 times)

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
Re: Bach flower remedies
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 19:52:15 PM »
thanks very much  :naughty:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »
It may be possible to get a skin scrapping done by a holistic centre who can then analyse and see what Beau needs - we have had this done on a couple of ferals and the treatments prescribed all naturel I hasten to add worked - its not a cheap option but it does work

Ours were done by the Rapha Centre in Braco Perthshire from a hair sample
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 22:36:38 PM »
Just reading from my Whole Health for Happy Cats book (its written by Sandy Arora who runs the Holisticat website/forum) and the method she recommends is to fill a small dropper bottle with spring water, then add 2 or 3 drops of each of the flower essences you want to use to that. Then you use the dropper from that bottle to give the remedies. It says give 5 or 6 equally spaced doses for the first few days, tapering off to 3-4 doses a day, dropping to 1 or 2 doses per day when you see improvement - discontinuing the remedies when stroppiness ceases  :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 21:15:45 PM »
No idea of the amount you should use hun ... but I would suggest before administering any combination it might be worth contacting the British Association of Homeopathic Vets http://www.bahvs.com/ 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
Bach flower remedies
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 20:02:19 PM »
I have previously posted about my stroppy raggie Beau.       The feliway and the zyklene or rescue remedy don't appear to have calmed him at all he is still as bad tempered, so I have got some Bach Beech, Holly, Vine and Willow as I have read that a combination of these can help.     What I don't know though is how many drops to use, and in what ratio, and how often.       Anyone any ideas?

thanks very much
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Link to CatChat