Author Topic: Sickness/diarrhoea?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Sickness/diarrhoea?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »
the first port of call would be the vet if it doest clear up....did he take your cats temperature?

he may just be stressed after the vet visit which has upset his tummy, boiled chicken of poacged fish is good for bad tummys and as long as he does not have an infection then lacto b is always a good thing to have around. its probiotic powder that you add to food. can be got from vets uk but postal probs could mean a delay in delivery.

if he will eat probiotic yogurt this would have the same effect but he would need it every day for a while.

probiotics cant hurt and had my franta on lacto b for months after vert strong abs

Offline michelle_w

• Adult Cat
Sickness/diarrhoea?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 11:20:43 AM »
Hello, I am after a bit of advice for my cat. He suffers from feline herpes, it first started around august time and has flared up 3 times now. Anyway, it flared up badly last night so I took him to the vets this morning to get his usual supply of meds. I mentioned to the vet how he has been a bit sicky recently and he reasurred me that it isnt necessarily a problem in cats as its common and not to worry un;ess it persists.

So once I got Jack home, I gave him a dentbit treat, he usually swallows them whole loves them! But he sort of rolled it around in his mouth for ages and took ages to swallow it, wasnt biting it like he usually does. So I had a look into his mouth best as I could and looks all ok? Then I put the litter tray out as am keeping in for a while keep an eye on his eye and he went in and did a poo. It is then that I notice he has diarrhoea. No idea how long been like that he always goes toilet outside? I know it not related to his eye but just wondering what can cause this and whether to be worried? I havnt changed food or anything recently. Anything I can do to help it? Feed him something for sensitive stomachs? Or will changing the food whilst he has these symtoms be worse? Thanks for any advice. I will keep him in for a day or so so I can see his poos. Although its awful and I cant even open any doors to get rid of the smell or he will escape!  :sick:

Link to CatChat