Author Topic: I thought cats didn't toilet near their food/drink?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: I thought cats didn't toilet near their food/drink?
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 13:07:21 PM »
She really has a dislike for anything new does Willow.....This must be so frustrating for you but I never imagine (as Im sure you dont) her changing.

I really feel for you Mark with this one, what an absolute pull on the heartstrings this must be..... :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 11:02:40 AM »
After her part in the great escape after we moved and she was AWOL for nearly 6 months on trapping Clio she came in all glad to be on the inside and the shee got all 4 paws strategically placed and wee'ed in the dogs large water bowl - has never done it since but just needed to be centre stage in the lounge!

I know that pointers can make your life a misery - we have 3 - all ex erals who used the grit box most of the time but currentlya re favouring 2 electric sockets in the kitchen - we now just clean up and move on its not worth getting you down - Problem is we love our 2 boys to death as you both do with Willow its just that sometimes they go a point to far and we loose the plot - I have promised that there hind ends will have a cork strategically placed! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »
Well I now have to wash the drinkwell out on top of all my other jobs. One more time and the service will be withdrawn  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 10:54:10 AM »
Parsley on one occasion pee'd in her food bowl. (It was empty) She did it literally that one time but never again. She could be an odd one, that girl! (I think she was marking it but still..... :sick:)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I thought cats didn't toilet near their food/drink?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »
I bought Willow another drinkwell last week and put a clean towel down underneath it. I went in the den today and the towel was soaked - at first I thought it was water....... :tired:

Then just now I needed an envelope and then remembered that Willow had peed on them and they had to be thrown out. I have had to use a square envelope that came with a birthday card so had to bin the card.

I have to pull the kitchen table out today and a captains trunk that is up against the fireplace in the kitchen and clean that all out.

That is before I start my regular chores. I was going to try to get a few jobs done before I go back to class on Thursday. It is really getting me down.

As much as I love her..................................
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat