Author Topic: New Cat Help !!!  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Taraukuk

• Adult Cat
Re: New Cat Help !!!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 13:15:52 PM »
LOL @ millys mum I agree what you say re men leaving the doors and windows open they are terrible lol :rofl: I loose count of the times I shout watch the cats.  Also she is comming out gradually and hissing and attacking all the other cats re chasing them lol me thinks this little women wants rule of my house...  :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 20:22:45 PM »
She will probably eat over night, your lucky all your fosters have walked straight in and been ok, many suffer from nerves, time is cure for it  ;D
And if you have kids (or a man lol) watch the doors and windows!!

Offline Taraukuk

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 16:37:42 PM »
Thanks all so mcuh for your advice having fosteres loads of cats I have never had this problem before and its really upsetting.  However im sure given time she will venture out.  I have put a bowl of food wet and dry milk and water under there with her but up to yet they have not been touched fingers crossed that she will come out soon lol  :thanks:

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 11:35:42 AM »
Same here.
Elias hides most of the time (he's not 4 months yet)
I just leave him and whenever I can, I hold him in my arms, stroke him and speak in a calm voice.
I had an anti-stress collar for him, but he had an accident with that and my husband had to cut it away.
The first days we never saw him drink, just as well we were feeding wet food.
Succes!
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline Black Cat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »
If it continues for a while you could maybe try a Felaway diffuser or even Rescue Remedy in her water.

Sometimes they can take a few days to feel brave enough to come out - just give her time, talk to her and try to moniter that she is at least drinking - if she will not touch water then try milk.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 10:48:58 AM »
It's natural especially if she is timid or skittish.  Keep the room quiet for her, low music or TV in the background and just sit quietly with her reading a book etc. Keep things calm. When she feels up to it she'll come out. Make sure she has food, water and a litter tray nearby and just leave her to it, but do keep things calm and quiet for her.

Good luck with her :hug:

Offline Taraukuk

• Adult Cat
New Cat Help !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »
HI all took another cat in last nightam 18month little girl called Bear!!!! anyway she has hid under my sofa since last night and wont come out for food or anything anyone got any ideas please

Tara x ;)

Link to CatChat