Author Topic: Scared of pooping?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Scared of pooping?
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 00:40:57 AM »
Aw! Hope it will settle down soon for poor Mango!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 22:58:08 PM »
Might be best to take her back to the vets to see if she is sore still, I think they can 'feel' inflammation by squeezing! Does sound like she's frightened of pooping though  :shy: Hope you manage to sort her out, can't be nice for either of you  :hug:

Meanwhile I can highly recommend baby wipes for cleaning the carpet! Riley had a furball/sick/diaorrhea episode a few nights ago and the place was like a horror scene - splashes of one or the other in nearly every room  :sick: A handful of baby wipes later and it was like it had never happened  :wow:

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 22:34:31 PM »
Yes Feliway is on the go, it has been since Chutney had Cystitis a while back; it just seems weird that she has gone from the runs to being constipated(?)

The poop itself is not rock hard, its still quite soft :sick: and it literally appears like its falling out of her bum when she runs  :-[ and it seems sheis running from the poop itself, like she is scared of it!

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 22:29:22 PM »
Poor baby and poor you!  :hug: Do you think she might be a bit constipated? It can be pretty painful going when they're constipated which might explain her behaviour :shy: Do you have a feliway on the go already?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 22:26:53 PM »
Yes it could be that that has scared her but sounds as if she maybe in pain when she goes. I think maybe advice of a vet is needed.  :hug:

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
Scared of pooping?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 22:23:13 PM »
Hey guys

you may remember a while back Mango had the runs for a while and was running away when it happened and spreading the poop in various directions (usually up the stairs or on one of the beds, or on the carpet, never on the tiles floor where its easily cleaned of course) well, after a course of antibiotics, the runs have gone, but the behaviour has not.
Every other day (usually) Mango will suddenly start running round at full pelt leaving a trail of poop behind her that we have to pick up  :sick: she will then groom for a minute before she goes and hides under one of the beds for a good half hour before emerging.

Could the runs have left her with this psychological fear of pooping? how the hell do I get her to start using the tray again for number 2's? (she still uses for number 1's) we get no warning of when she needs to poo, she does seem to be holding it back for as long as possible though, as some times its been a few days before she goes.

help I dont want my house to be a huge litter tray  :-[

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Link to CatChat