Author Topic: Fighting  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Fighting
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 19:23:59 PM »
Sounds like playtime to me and relief from loosing the collars!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 15:54:13 PM »
I agree with Karen, I have seen the ferals do this and it seems to be harmless so I'd probably just leave them unless any of them seem to be getting hurt.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 15:34:39 PM »
Personally, I'd leave them to it unless one or other of them is being hurt.  It could be any number of things - dominance, playing or actual wanting to kill her!  If it's a dominance thing then they need to sort it out themselves, if playing then mum needs to either get used to being woken up or teach daughter a lesson, if it is the latter then I would imagine one (or both) of them would be crying in pain and would then intervene.

Mine had bouts of fighting but usually in play and always started by boy cat (normally when the other was asleep or dozing).  I'm sure he did it when she was asleep to get the upper hand.  There was never any fur flying or crying and I only intervened if it looked like one would actually get hurt.

Karen
x

Offline louise_81

• Adult Cat
Fighting
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 15:02:34 PM »
My girls now have their buster collars off,and are seemingly fine.

However, Evie keeps 'attacking' her mum.  She seems to wait until Ava is grooming or asleep then pounces, either grabbing her back legs/tail, or her face/throat. then they wrestle

Im not too sure what is going on.  I filmed it on my phone but can't find the cable, I will try again with the camera.

Any insight as to what is going on, am I doing more harm than good in splitting them up

Link to CatChat