Author Topic: Help needed please  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Help needed please
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 12:46:49 PM »
I agree I would definately take her to be checked out if anything like this happens again and stress that the appintment is urgent and you need to bring her in now  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Help needed please
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 10:22:08 AM »
I don't know, but could her nose have become totally blocked for 3 minutes?  If it happens again I'd def go to the vet and have them have a good look. Hope it's nothing. Eating's a good sign with flu  :hug:

Offline pinkpandora

• Adult Cat
Help needed please
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 08:53:27 AM »
Tabitha has a mild form of flu. She went to the vet two weeks ago and was given antibiotics. The only symptom she had was runny eyes and a temperature. She was eating wella nd continues to eat well. Then last week the blocked up nose started and she was making a sniffling noise. She is still eating. Then today she started sneezing and went outside after breakfast. Just before I went to work I called her and she came running in - she was making an odd continuous noise which I think was from her nose but I was worried it could be her breathing (she is 3). I have never heard this noise before and it seemed to be distressing her a bit. She went upstairs and I followed her. She washed herself and then started wanting a fuss and purring. The noise had stopped. I looked at her breathing and it seemed to be normal. Has anyone come across this noise - I can't describe it but it was like a whiny noise and sort of sniffly but continuous and lasted about 3 minutes. I really don't think it was her breathing but I am such a worrier. Thank you for any help. It goes without saying that if I don't like the look of her tonight I will take her to the vet.

Link to CatChat