Author Topic: Feeding my kitten  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Feeding my kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 20:37:14 PM »
Has he had a check up to rule out anything serious?
How often does he eat half a tsp?
What texture of food have you got, some only like supermeat some do chunks so thats worth trying. I had 2 who would only eat pouches if every lump had been crushed before the pouch was opened, gave me thumb ache!!
Have you tried different brands? Not sure what you have over there but hi life is pretty tasty to fussy ones :drool;

Theres also the possibility that hes only been fed something really inappropiate like tuna, i remember a while back someone on purrs getting a kitten that the breeder had brought up on tuna, she had a tough time breaking that habit!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Feeding my kitten
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 09:04:14 AM »
I don't know anything about kittens but half teaspoon might be the size his stomach can take at once??? just a thought

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
Feeding my kitten
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 08:58:19 AM »
Once again I have this kitten that is way too young to be separated from mum, I suppose he's only 6 weeks. He was brought to the shelter with a brother, being "too much".
I suppose the people at the shelter don't risk telling the people to keep them a little longer  :shocked:
The first day he attacked the dry food that is always there for the cats. I got him kitten food, pouches and dry, but he hardly touches it.
Now he eats only very small amounts, like half a teaspoon of food at once. I bought cat milk to add but it doesn't make any difference.
He is lively and alert but I remember Dorian last year becoming very weak after the second week.
Should I feed Elliot Hill's A/D ?
What is a normal weight for a 6 week old kitten? He's 629 gr, but you feel bones sticking out.
Every life should have 9 cats

Link to CatChat