Author Topic: Cosmo's sneezing  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cosmo's sneezing
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 11:02:28 AM »
Hope that Cosmo starts to pick up with abs  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 20:37:35 PM »
Thanks - vet thinks it might be a mild dose of cat flu so he's on a dose of abs.  If he's still sneezing by Sunday, he'll have to go in and be sedated so they can have a good root around in his schnoz.  Apparently the lady vet was v thorough although poor Cossie wasn't impressed with having his temp taken :evillaugh:  have also now cleaned the kittie snot off the walls :tired:

Was v surprised, it's normally 3 falls and a submission to get him into the carrier but I was just able to put him in as he was so knackered :( poor boy

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 15:16:28 PM »
Hope it's nothing to worry about  :hug:  :get well: Cosmo

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Cosmo's sneezing
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 14:10:19 PM »
on Friday began to notice that Cosmo was sneezing - not all the time but 2-3 times in a row several times during yesterday (kitty sneezes are actually quite cute) and decided that a vet visit was in order if it carried on today.  Well he's still sneezing plus I've noticed that his left eye is looking a bit sore/watery so a trip to the man in white is definitely needed tomorrow.  I always know when something's not quite right as he slept in his basket rather than up beside me last night :(

Was thinking that he might be trying to dislodge a seed from his nose or something but, if that was the case, I would have thought the sneezing would be more frequent?  He's not shaking his head or pawing his face at all so don't think there's any obvious irritation - but just know that something's not quite right.  (He's such a klutz - last Sunday when it was sunny, let him out at 9 and 5 mins later heard a great yowling and he came flying in with a sore back leg - not limping just not putting all his weight on it and not jumping up.  He also spent most of the rest of the day under our bed.  It cleared up by Monday but, if anything happens, it always happens to Cosmo :tired:)

Good job it's payday as that'll be another 50 quid at least to fork out >:(

Link to CatChat