Author Topic: kitten in shock  (Read 1117 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: kitten in shock
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 11:53:13 AM »
I am so glad that Topsy is feeling better today - it could have been a bee or wasp sting or maybe he just had a fright.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: kitten in shock
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »
 :( Poor little Topsy! I've not experienced anything like that Bramble but I am so glad he he has recovered :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
kitten in shock
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »
hi. yesterday topsy our 9 month old kitten was very poorly. he was very sick in the morning then went out in garden for little while. he came back in, flopped on the floor panting. he looked awful and was very floppy when picked up.i was quite panicked by the state he was in and took him straight to the vet.when he was seen he was no longer panting but was still breathing rapidly and weak. vet wasnt sure what was wrong, thought he was in shock cos been poisined, had a fright or been injured!sai she would ring poisins unit and phone me later.he had no treatment. i bought him home and he rested all day, not eating till evening. today, thankfully, he us back to normal! has anyone experienced anything like this? i still dont know what caused it and am scared it will happen again.  dawn

Link to CatChat