Author Topic: Cat Climbing High Trees  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cat Climbing High Trees
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 19:38:42 PM »
Id cat proof it, id be having a fit if one of mine was 50ft up  :scared: :scared:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Cat Climbing High Trees
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 17:25:21 PM »
Id go with the over-hang as you say....That would be some height to fall from and your cat obviously has no sense of the danger!  ;D :hug:

Offline moongirl

• Adult Cat
Cat Climbing High Trees
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 14:04:08 PM »
Hi,

Our 7 month old kitten has taken to climbing rather high in a fir tree in our garden, practically to the top in fact, some 50ft high. Whilst I am sure she feels it is OK, it is a bit of a worry for us to see her swaying in the breeze at that height. Its the 2nd time today she has done this although the 1st time was at a less worrying height of approximately 25ft.

I was thinking of putting some form of overhanging surround around the trunk of the tree at approximately 8ft from the ground. Would this be a sensible option or should I just let her get on with it and shin up this tree chasing robins and blue t1ts etc to a height of 50ft.

The robins and blue t1ts are OK, they lure her higher with their hopping about and chirping then they fly to another tree leaving her literally "high and dry"

Thx & Rgds
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 14:06:31 PM by moongirl »

Link to CatChat