Author Topic: Sox hates the new kitten  (Read 1120 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Sox hates the new kitten
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »
You can get diffusers that plug in, they might be more practical in this instance. To be honest, hissing and posturing is pretty normal behaviour when a new cat is introduced into a home.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 10:41:18 AM »
No she's not tried anything like that where would you spray it as Sox will not go into the living room where the kitten is :-:

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 10:31:45 AM »
has she tried feliway spray? it really helped my two to chill out during intros :)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 10:20:55 AM »
That all sounds normal to me -
I would tell you sister to carry on with what she is doing, I personally wouldnt keep them apart! The new kitten needs to learn its place and its unlikely that Sox will actually attack the kitten.
5 days s nothing, believe me  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 10:18:47 AM »
definately need to give it a bit more time

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:16:41 AM »
No she hasn't recently, she tried it on Sox a few months ago and she went mad so she threw it away

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:14:38 AM »
Fiive days is nothing it took my boys nearly three weeks till the would stay in the same room as Stig, Tried Catnip?
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
Sox hates the new kitten
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »
My Sister has had her new kitten 5 days now and her other kitten Sox whose 8 months old absolutely hates him.The new arrival has settled straight in and is no problem but Sox took one look at him hissed and growled and ran upsairs she will only come down for her food and then goes back upstairs.Every time she sees the little man walking at the bottom of the stairs she hissing and growls still.She is a very territorial cat though and when i saw her on Saturday she was trying to attack my face for some reason all i was doing was trying to stroke her and she lunged at  me :shocked:
My sister has kept them apart fearing that Sox may attack the kitten but she's not sure wether to see how they get on for a week or so or to re-home the kitten ( i'm waiting in the back ground ;D) as Sox is so unhappy
Any suggestions guys

Link to CatChat