Author Topic: Need advice with freda  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Need advice with freda
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 17:15:35 PM »
You beat me to it MM - I would recommend the pump though as I got some capsules in the post the other day and they are big for cats  :Crazy: - with the pump, you just squirt a measure onto their food.

Also, does she use a slicker brush as they are excellent for  getting dead hair out and stimulating circulation. The best ones have tiny bobbles on the end of each wire so they don't scratch sensitive skin. PAH sell them
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 17:58:34 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Need advice with freda
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 16:48:33 PM »
From the sounds of it she just needs time for her new diet to work. Im not a believer of bathing cats unless its 100% neccessary eg got oil on them, medical complaint or they have a coat that requires it like some persians do.

You could try a skin supplement for her, viacutan is one that comes to mind, available from vet uk  ;)

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
Need advice with freda
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 16:19:47 PM »
Well, freda is my gfs cat from posts I put up a while ago... She is alot happier now.

I think she needs a good wash to get rid of some old dead skin and lose fur, any recomendations or makes etc?

Also her skin in parts still feels dry, is there any creams or oils to use? Some parts have small red parts where there is no hair, is this ringworm?

Many thanks

Link to CatChat