Author Topic: Wrong tablets given to me for cat by vets  (Read 1118 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Wrong tablets given to me for cat by vets
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 20:32:03 PM »
I agree with MM, they shouldnt get it back and i think you should complain again.
This happened to me and my cat Boy in 2007, he was given Norocarp instead of Synulox >:( Simply because the head nurse didnt check the tablets when i went to collect them and eventhough i phoned to check because they didnt look like Synulox she said they are fine >:(
I do think you should complain and follow it because it could happen to some one else . I did receive a letter to assure me that they make sure every prescription and medication will be checked by 2 memeber of staff , one to be the duty vet from that time on! It didnt do me any good because there were lots of complication after Boy took the wrong tablet,but i am sure it help others in that surgery.
I hope your little one is ok. :hug:

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 20:19:19 PM »
little tiny pink ones sorry can't remember the name maybe ceporex which has bizzarely just come into my head

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 19:25:39 PM »
I would complain again, could be v.serious   :scared: also they shouldnt get them back as i bet they will dispense them again but they are not allowed to do, they could be tampered with!
What were they?

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
Wrong tablets given to me for cat by vets
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 19:21:26 PM »
And I gave them to her, poor baby she had her own antibiotics and these other tablets too
Spoke to vet this morning and they said it won't do her any harm!!!!! better not do !!!!
 she has had to have antibiotics to treat cystitus
The other tablets were for an animal called george I only realised when i sat at the table this morning and saw a small tablet on the floor, thought oh i'll give her another one but then decided not to cos didn't know if it was todays or last nights, so i got the bottle out and noticed it was for another patient!!!!!
when i phoned for advice was told she will be ok but I wasn't charged for them and could i please return them
I don't know if i should complain or not i did mention it when i took them back today
What do you guys think I know it could have been worse

Link to CatChat