Author Topic: should i put my cat to sleep afternoon  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: should i put my cat to sleep afternoon
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 18:35:28 PM »
I'll lock this thread as there are lots of replies on the one in general - might get confusing if there are 2 thread going on at the same time  :hug:

Offline tan160581

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 14:59:21 PM »
thank you, i posted on both as i so wanted people to see the posts to help me make my mind up, i am still sat in my pjs deciding what to do xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 14:41:04 PM »
Hiya hun, there's a few replies now on the first thread you posted  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline tan160581

• Adult Cat
should i put my cat to sleep afternoon
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 13:26:55 PM »
hi
i really need your advice i had a appointment yesterday with the vets but i just couldnt go, my cat is 5 and at xmas he was disgonsed as having a tumour behind his nose and he was in the vets as he wasnt eating lost half his body weight and wasnt the same, anyway after they took the tests they gave him some steroids and they seemed to work and he was back to being my cat and eating and put back his weight and more besides, now the results were never conclusive as they couldnt take enough samples and he did actually die on the operating table but managed to bring him back to life, they were testing for a polp or a tumour but my vet thought it was a tumour, anyway my pet insururers wont pay up this is on this forum but under general if you want to read as to why and i am going to take them to court, anyway he started to get used to the steroids, so my said my cat wasnt a good candidate for chemo as he wouldnt like the bloodtests etc, so i found another vet 2 hours from me that would try out this new tablet and for 7 weeks it worked but yesterday i woke up and his nose was all blocked up and a funny smell from his throat and not eating, i was scared and i rung my vets and he said that i have done all i could and to let him go, i am broke now and i have used all my 2000 savings on him, not that i mind i jsut wish i could have saved him, but anyway i wanted a second opinon so i went to the other vet and he said he was fine and he may have a cold, but i know how last time it started and how he went down hill, the nosebleeds will the be the next stage, but the other vet gave him some pills to make him hungry, and said give it 10 days and force feed him and see what happens then, so i have one vet telling me not to, one vet telling me to do so plus all my family and friends saying its time to let go, he had a appointment at my vets at 430 and i could really do with some advice as i am at breaking point xx

Link to CatChat