Author Topic: Willow's chest is fine  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Willow's chest is fine
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 17:48:47 PM »
The thing is, she just had a long coughing fit so I don't know what to do now. She is getting Katalax every day with her pill. Last night, as usual, I crushed her Fortekor and mixed it into the Katalax. I couldn't find her so took it up to bed as I know she is always there in seconds when I go to bed  :shify: - I smeared it on her paw but she refused to licked it off. After going under the covers and going walkabout, my bed has brown goo all over it which looks very unsightly  :sick:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 14:13:44 PM »
Glad Willow's x-rays were good Mark  :hug: :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 13:33:21 PM »
Bless her, at least you know she had good xray results   :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 16:52:37 PM »
Mark glad you little girl is ok - our vets just go how many and how long do you want we don't even give names just the number of injections and sizes we need! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Willow's chest is fine
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 14:20:33 PM »
I started another thread as Willow was on Alice's thread. The vet showed me the x-ray. They decided to do a full body one rather than just her heart & chest. Her heart is 100% normal and her lungs are "as good as could be expected for any cat without even talking her age into account"  ;D - They x-ray shoed some backed up poo so they had tagged a tube of Katalax onto my account  :shify: - I asked them to remove it as I have my own and didn't want to pay the  vet £12 for a tiny 20gram tube  :evillaugh:

It was a bit of a farce other than that. I took her in at 9am as agreed and said I was reminding them that I would collect her later in the morning. They said that if that was going to happen, they would have told me to bring her in at 11am. I assured them that was the reason I waited a week for an appointment as I could have dropped her in the morning and collected her at the end of the day on Monday  :Crazy: - she said if it was any help, I they would keep her overnight - I lost it a bit and said that the next time I am told something, I will ask for it in writing  :evillaugh: - the manager said another time , if there is anything out of the ordinary, I should ask for her. While I was there, a man came in with his Greyhound who's coat is coming out in clumps. He said he was told by a girl to just bring her in. She said he needed an appointment - he assured her that is what he was told  :Crazy: - the manager saw me listening and said that communication needed to be improved. I was also a bit miffed that there were 3 practice dogs running around in reception  >:(

Anyway, Willow is really wobbly now. She tried going around sniffing familiar things etc but kept falling off the sofa etc  :( -
 she is sound asleep next to me on the sofa now  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 17:15:58 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat