Author Topic: Help needed in the portsmouth area  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
Re: Help needed in the portsmouth area
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 07:26:52 AM »
quick update

the kitten (Toulouse) was taken to the vet and xrayed.  she'd been missing for 5 weeks before she was handed to the rspca.  the vet found a fracture that had pretty much healed.  they said the leg could be rebroken but that would cause the kitten pain and said that she would be fine without treatment but would always limp.  she is showing no signs of the limp affecting her kittenhood so they decided against rebreaking the leg.

thanks for your help  :thanks:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 14:09:11 PM »
apparently not.  i'm assuming that the husband is paying the bills but only the bills.  as shes not in receipt of either housing benefit or counciltax benefit the PDSA are unwilling to help even though she gets income support.

thanks Bryony84, i'll pass that on.  :thanks:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 14:06:10 PM »
doesn't she get council tax benefit if she is on income support?  that counts for the pdsa i think

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 13:45:56 PM »
The vets that looked after our Casper when he had his road accident are in Portsmouth, or more accurately Southsea. We have been going to them for years, although I use a different vet for my girls now as I moved out of the city. Greg the vet was brilliant when Casper had his accident, he wasn't insured as my Dad wouldn't get insurance (don't ask me why - I've tried telling him) and I'm pretty sure they charged a lot less than they could have.

Its worth giving Greg a ring and seeing if installments is possible, say the owners of 3-legged Casper recommended him!
http://www.grove-vets.co.uk/
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 13:47:08 PM by Bryony84 »

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
Help needed in the portsmouth area
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:42:21 PM »
a friend of a friends kitten was missing for 2 weeks and turned up at the RSPCA a few days ago.  the owner collected it but the poor thing has a limp (back leg).  from the description i've managed to get it doesnt sound as though it's broken or dislocated, the kitten is happy to be handled and touched on the leg in question(no hissing or spitting)and is still behaving like akitten,jumping and playing.  the lady seperated from from her husband a couple of weeks ago and has just claimed income support but because she isnt claiming housing benefit the PDSA won't help and the vets that shes contacted are unwilling to take payments in installments.  i've advised her to wait a couple of days to see if it gets any better (had loads of limping kitties over the years and all but one got better within a few days).  does anybody here know of a vet or cat charity in the area that might be able to help should she need it?

Link to CatChat