Author Topic: Toy fighting!?!?!?!  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Toy fighting!?!?!?!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 07:57:40 AM »
The younger ferals outside are always teasing each other grabbing tails and jumping on each other sometimes it can look aggressive but it is just play they are very close.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 18:49:35 PM »
My Mia's half the size of her brother but she'll tease him until he turns around and goes at her, then she runs away squealing like a martyr   :evillaugh:

They'll be fine, as Helen says if there's lots of upset noise happening maybe put one of them in time out (I love doing this to Nova he looks really puzzled ;))

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 17:36:02 PM »
no noise from either of them.... Lots of biting, swiping and generally tussling about but never a noise. Sometimes a wee squeak from niƱa before she goes for him or runs off!

So all in play then if no noise..... That makes me worry less!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 16:39:31 PM »
Do they make any noises when they're 'fighting'? My boys often thunder around after each other, bite each others toes and kick each other in the head but they never make even a squeak.  If there's no sound from them ie squealing, growling or hissing then I think it's safe to say they're play fighting and having fun.

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Toy fighting!?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 21:47:04 PM »
Hello all,

I know this has been discussed before but two of my three seem to play fight all the time - usually started by youngster Nina but I have been noticing that Edgar really takes bites at her fur! Often ending up with a mouthful of it! He has breathing difficulties which affect his eating which I thought had accounted for some of the noise - but I noticed tonight that actually he takes lumps out of her fur....okay maybe not lumps but a fair mouthful!

Thing is often Nina starts it but tonight I am sat on the PC and she went under the spare bed for a rummage and he followed her (didnt even know he could fit!!) and then I heard what I thought was them grooming each other (he is really noisy at breathing!) then Nina poked her head out and was obvioulsy wrestling with Edgar and then she dragged herself out and scarpered off!

I worry sometimes he is too rough with her - how rough do cats play?  She is now in the middle of having a mad half hour - practically running up the curtains and he is just sitting watching her! She is just fearless but oh her wee face pocking out the bed - I was worried he was hurting her  :'( :'( :'(

Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Link to CatChat