Author Topic: We have a jealous bachelor!  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: We have a jealous bachelor!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 23:11:12 PM »
Awwwwwwww he is gorgeous, a bunny cat  ;D

Offline CarmenCole

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 07:41:15 AM »
Lol - Zorro is a cat, but he thinks he is a bunny!  It's the little ginger and white fella in my signature.  He just thinks he is a bunny as he is surrounded by them!  :shy:

He has supervised playtimes in the back garden, and hops over to the next door garden, but comes back as soon as he is called.  He is neutered, vaccinated and microchipped.  :)
Carmen x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 00:30:19 AM »
OK I am confuddled lol......is Zorro a cat or a bunny  :shify: :shify:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 22:24:47 PM »
Is Zorro neutered?  Personally I wouldn't let him out until he at least a year old (and got a bit more sense than a kitten)  ... but that's just me . 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CarmenCole

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 21:31:29 PM »
Hmmmmm.  Not sure that would be possible.  I already have 5 rabbits, 1 ratty and Zorro.  I foster rabbits with a local rescue and cover most of the costs voluntarily.  How old can Zorro be before I let him freerange the garden unsupervised, as I think the extra freedom to roam may help.  He is 6 mths old now, I rescued him, his Mother and 2 sisters when he was 5½ weeks old and rehomed the rest of them, not expecting him to survive as he was VERY poorly.  Of course, now Zorro thinks he is a bunny and 'normal' cat behaviour is eating hay, binkies and hopping.  :Crazy:
Carmen x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 21:14:17 PM »
ummm maybe Zorro needs a girlfriend as well  ;)  :evillaugh:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CarmenCole

• Adult Cat
We have a jealous bachelor!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 21:10:55 PM »
 :shocked:  I am hoping someone can give me some advice on what I can do for Zorro...

As you may already know, Zorro has been very good friends with our buck houserabbit Nicholas for some time.  They love to chill together in the evening, sat in a hay box, both of them nibbling on hay.  However, I have recently taken in a rescued doe, whom I have bonded with Nick.  So now, the 'bachelor pad' has become a honeymoon haven.

Zorro isn't as happy with the situation as Nicholas is.  He has made several attempts to visit his buddy, and either gets chased out by his friend, or we take him out to give the bunnies privacy.  The buns are freerange in the lounge, Zorro's territory is pretty much the whole house.

Now, Zorro is sulking, sitting on top of the TV and throwing stuff off shelves.  He is very obviously jealous of Nicholas's new wifey-bun.  Can anyone advise me on the best course of action.  How can I help Zorro feel happier?  :-:
Carmen x

Link to CatChat