Author Topic: Quivering  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Quivering
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 08:05:08 AM »
Yes I do think it's an age thing Helen but will keep an eye on her thanks  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 23:59:50 PM »
Never had anything similar but it's strange that the only other person who has, also has a very old cat.  Hopefully it's nothing to be overly concerned about  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:10:47 AM »
Thanks, Byron doesn't seem to do it when hungry if she did I would think of low blood sugar, she was dosing and very relaxed.  I've done some research and the only thing which seems to fit is sort of muscle degeneration.  If she gets worse I'll get her checked out.

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 18:58:31 PM »
Dinah does this sometimes as well (and is also very old!) but I can't remember if I mentioned it.  She just quivers every minute or so.
It seems to happen more when she is hungry.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Quivering
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 09:57:03 AM »
Byron has started doing this alot although not always for example she was laid between us last night on a fleece as she always does all cosy curled up but her body was literally vibrating.  She doesn't seem ill or anything infact she looked very content but her legs were trembling very fast like she was very cold - but obviously she wasn't.   It's so strange to see and feel but I'm sure it must be because she's so old.  I think someone else experienced this but can't remember who.

Link to CatChat