Author Topic: grooming  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: grooming
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 13:27:27 PM »
So, my male cat (nearly 3 yrs old) often grooms my female kitten (8.5 months old) who purrs away and loves it, but she never grooms him, but does often initiate cuddles with him, however she will happily try and groom me or my partner, although my male cat doesnt try and groom us???

Is there any sense in this puzzle??  :Crazy:

NICx

I would probably guess that your kitten is the baby to your older cat so he looks after her, whereas your kitten being the baby probably wouldn't reciprocate that.  She may groom you though because you have a different relationship so she probably copies what her 'dad' does to you.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: grooming
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 13:13:07 PM »
My cat Kylie will walk past OH and rub up his leg then just walk past me  :-[ - she does it every time. I had her before I even met OH. Maybe she just takes me for granted as I am around most of the time?  :Crazy:

But if she is lying on her back and OH goes to pet her, he gets a claw but I don't - But if I am petting her already and OH's hand goes near, the claws don't come out.

I will never work them out  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
grooming
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »
So, my male cat (nearly 3 yrs old) often grooms my female kitten (8.5 months old) who purrs away and loves it, but she never grooms him, but does often initiate cuddles with him, however she will happily try and groom me or my partner, although my male cat doesnt try and groom us???

Is there any sense in this puzzle??  :Crazy:

NICx

Link to CatChat