Author Topic: Tremor in legs????  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Tremor in legs????
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 20:08:19 PM »
I suspect the vet is right but has she had any type of tests..........blood for example and what does the vet suggest?

I think you should try and pin the vet down a bit......she may say that she doesnt consider it worth tests and stuff but at least force her to tell you what she thinks it may be and justify what she is saying.

I suspect she is right but I would want to know a bit more I think..........its good that it has got no worse and hope that you got her insured when you first got her.

Offline LindaS

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 14:41:54 PM »
I did ask the vet. She said, it could be from an infection, she got from her mother  before birth but the vet wasn't sure. She didn't give me a name for the condition. I'm supposed to keep an eye on it, see if it gets worse.
The symptoms have been the same since I got her, no change at all.
My friend, who also lives next door has got my kittens sister. The sister is perfectly healthy and normal, no tremors at all.

I probably love my kitten even more, with her little problem. I'm sure, she's in no pain.
I'd just like to know, what it could be.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 13:32:44 PM »
Hiya, sorry I can't be much help either, that's not something I've ever encountered.

Would have to agree that a vet visit is in order to get the wee one checked over  :Luv:  Have you ever mentioned it to your vet previously?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 13:29:45 PM »
Hi, sorry I have no idea Linda but I would get the vet to check it out.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline LindaS

• Kitten
Tremor in legs????
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:24:36 PM »
I've got a nine month old kitten. I got her  when she was approx. 6 weeks old. She came from a litter of three and is the only one with this symptom. It was already there , when I got her. First I thought she is shivering because she could be cold or frightened but that can't be it. It is hard to describe. Her legs tremble, when she is laying down but not always. It affects mainly the front legs but the back legs do it sometimes too. She doesn't seem to notice herself and when I stop the trembling leg, it normally stops doing it. It also happens, when she tries to open the cat flap. She always uses one of her paws for that. It is hard work for her because the paw trembles so much that she can hardly push with it. She will get through it eventually. She is also not a very good climber.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Linda

Link to CatChat