Author Topic: Feeding Behaviour  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
Re: Feeding Behaviour
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 14:00:36 PM »
This behaviour reminds me so much of Ging. He has a pouch in the morning and dry food with the others but as soon as I am dressed and showered he is constantly under feet meowing,its got so bad sometimes that I have just given in but as soon as I have left him to his pouch he's down again meowing asking for something else,it gets me down sometimes,he hasnt been checked by the vet so maybe I should make an appointment but moneys a tad tight at the mo but if it needs to be done then so be it,he was tested for all over health in May and everything came back fine but he is 19 and things can change so quickly at this age I suppose :(
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 12:36:44 PM »
Blip is always keen to know that her next meal hasn't been forgotten.  We're convinced it was because she was in a communal pen at the rescue and had to compete for food.  She's been with us almost nine years, but I think her early experience conditioned her behaviour.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 12:24:02 PM »
Does he eat any dry food?  If he does you could try putting it in a treat ball so instead of woolfing it down and then pestering you for more he would have to work to get the food out and it will take him a lot longer to eat the same quantity.

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 10:08:42 AM »
Nobo is like this too. Always wanting food. I've had him checked out by the vet and he's fine. Been wormed etc so he's just a greedy pig. Some days I have to shut him out the room when we eat as he steals food off your plate.

I started mixing his Applaws food with some dried Orijen. It slowed him down when eating, rather than wolfing a tin down. I think slowing him down makes his wee brain realise he's quite full as he doesn't go crazy every 10 mins for food now.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 05:56:54 AM »
Charlie is like that too though he is getting better.  Charlie was a stray and we wonder if it is because he never knew where his next meal was coming from.  If all medical conditions have been ruled out by your vet then your cat is just getting you trained and I would feed at regular intervals and try to ignore the rest.

Offline catalyst

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milo and Pagan
Feeding Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 23:52:09 PM »
Milo our older cat is always hungry. He isnt exactly skinny! We cut his food down a month or so ago and he is looking much better. He gets enough food but continuously meows and follows you around for food. I know that cats can be cats but it a little OTT. If you ignore him he then gets annoyed and tries to go out hunting instead. Its nothing medical, but im wondering what i can do about it, if anything. Is he just being a very greedy cat and its just his personality?

Link to CatChat