Author Topic: Harry has fleas  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Harry has fleas
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 18:03:48 PM »
Indorex will stop the larvae from developing

Offline Linda D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 16:47:58 PM »
The Frontline is most probably working but what you are seeing are the young fleas newly emerging from their pupae, lurking about in the carpets and soft furnishings.  Unfortunately there isn't a product on the market which will kill them until they hatch.  Keep vacuuming, this encourages them to hatch out and then the envrornmental spray can do it's job.  It won't take long until you see a marked difference

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 19:29:21 PM »
Please dont mix flea collars with frontline, the chemicals are very strong! Flea collars are pretty useless anyway, aswell as them not being proper safety types its not worth it.

Once you treat the environment with indorex it will make a big impact on the fleas  ;D

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 17:37:37 PM »
Sorry my post wasn't very clear, as there is MORE flea dirt 2 weeks later, I think he still has fleas.  Which after a good hunt in his groin area, i can confirm he does  :tired:  So I've bought flea collars for both cats (and one to go in the hoover) and will be hoovering the house from top to bottom and washing every possible soft furnishing later.  Also have the house spray and will be going through both cats witha flea comb.

Oh the joys.  Anything else I can try??

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 22:32:08 PM »
Yep, as MM said, a fine tooth comb will deal with the flea dirt, and the Indorex spray will kill any larvae lurking in the carpets, bedding etc.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 18:35:36 PM »
Frontline wont deal with the dirt, you need to comb that out

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
Harry has fleas
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 17:32:03 PM »
Hi All,

I unfortunately forgot to frontline my 2 cats before they went into the cattery last month, and Harry predictably came home with fleas.  I frontlined them both the day we got back, hoovered the house and washed all of their and our bedding.  However 2 weeks later he is still FULL of flea dirt -its even in his cheeks bless him! I haven't seen a flea on him though, just their mess!  Hes now also a bit quiet and gone a bit picky with his food.  Charlie is clean and neither me or my other half have been bitten either and Harry sleeps on my pillow so I would have expected to have been.  I phoned the vets and they've advised its too soon to frontline him again and to get some Indorex spray for the house, which I'll do tomorrow.  Is there anything else I can treat him with?  I'll get wormers tomorrow too as I know he needs worming but I didn't know if it was worth getting some shampoos or something?  Even if it just makes him look better as hes a white cat and looks awful LOL. 

All advise appreciated, and yes I am getting in a stock of Frontline -it will never happen again!

Link to CatChat