Author Topic: Best way to bandage a foot?  (Read 991 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Best way to bandage a foot?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 01:05:49 AM »
If his wound is causing him that much problem I think you need to consult the vet again. The vet will then be able to tell you if it should be bandaged or not and how to do it.

I know the vets have some special adhesive type bandages that sorta stick to themselves and not the fur cos Ducha had one on his leg after being on a drip for an op. It was white with little blue paw prints  :rofl:

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
Best way to bandage a foot?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 00:59:51 AM »
Ok....having lots of fun with the kitties at Casa Koscha ATM  :Crazy:

Z sustained a bite on his foot about 10 days ago which has abbcessed. He was packed off to the vets the day after the event and is now on antibiotics which he takes powdered in his food(I died of shock 'cos normally he's unmedicatable) and is wearing a lampshade collar as he worries his wound too much....
However, the wound is a) causing him enough pain that he can't bear even the fine grain cat litter on his toe (meaning my floor is the current toilet) and b) the litter is contaminating the wound....
So i've been duely bandaging it after cleaning it(if the protection is on he uses the litter tray) but he somehow manages to pull it off...I was looking for suggestions as to what to use instead of a normal bandage? i was thinking about using a finger bandage (you now the type that looks like tubigrip that you slide over the finger with a tube, twist at the end then slide back over) secured at the top by micropore tape so that it fits snugly on his leg.... but I'd welcome other suggestions.

All this on top of the fact that RW has returned from his wanderings considerably thinner (so is on little and often meals to build him back up) and Keli's now been diagnosed with a mild flea allergy....Ho hum, but we love 'em so we want the best for them....Shame i've got freshers flu (and i'm no fresher)  :Crazy: anyone gonna bring me a lemsip??  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat