Author Topic: Cat collapsed (not mine) urgent help needed please  (Read 1099 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Cat collapsed (not mine) urgent help needed please
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 22:51:51 PM »
so sorry to hear this. If it was a fit and she has another one in the night, is someone around to see it happen and get her to the vet fast? Obviously I really hope it doesn't happen again, but I was told after Swampy's seizures that following seizures or a stroke, time before treatment is vitally important. Only the vets have got the IV drugs and oxygen obviously. Imho would definitely go to the vets with her tomorrow first thing to have her fully checked over, even if she seems fine. I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best, know just how scary it is to see. :hug:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 23:00:00 PM by swampmaxmum »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 21:36:56 PM »
Yes my thoughts are with her too  :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 21:34:11 PM »
Thanks Gill - she has now rung the vets and they think ffrom that chat that she has had a fit, and have advised to keep her calm and comfortable overnight and take her to the vets in the morning for blood tests etc - unless of course she has further episodes/deteriorates overnight.  Fingers crossed for this little one. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 21:24:29 PM »
None of us are vets and I think its very important that you at least speak to a vet, make sure its the vet not a vet nurse.

It could be a stroke but I can only stress speak to a vet and then if its recommended to take the cat in, do so.

Good luck  :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
Cat collapsed (not mine) urgent help needed please
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 21:21:26 PM »
Hi - someone I  know has just posted this somewhere else and could do with any advice you can offer please... I am about to send her a link to the thread so she can see what you all think.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------

Our 10 year old cat just had a funny turn out of the blue. It only lasted a couple of minutes but has frightened us.

She got up to walk across the room and her legs were all over the place and she fell against the wall although was still trying to walk. I picked her up and tried to settle her, she wasn't purring when I stroked her (very unusual) and more worryingly her pupils were huge and her eyes were bulging.

I carried on stroking her and reassuring her and her eyes gradually seemed to get smaller and she started to purr again. She hasn't tried to walk again yet and I don't want to disturb her at the moment. Could it be some sort of tiny stroke?

She has regular steroid injections for severe skin allergies and I know these will affect her immune system.

Anyone any ideas what it could be? If she seems ok can we leave the vets til morning as the emergency vet is a long drive and will really stress her out?

It has really shaken us up

Link to CatChat