Author Topic: Toilet training  (Read 1110 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Toilet training
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 12:20:44 PM »
Have to agree with Sam that in the first instance a vet visit is required to rule out any medical issues, such as cystitis or similar. 

After that, possibly change the litter type or add more trays as has already been suggested, some cats are very fussy about using the same tray for poos and wees.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Toilet training
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 12:18:16 PM »
I would suggest a vet visit in the first instance to rule out any medical conditions.

also introduce another litter tray (1 per cat + 1 spare is the usual recommendation).

thirdly assuming nothing medical try using a different kind of litter ... not all cats like the same litter.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline morph

• Kitten
    • Cats Problems Solved
Toilet training
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 19:49:18 PM »
Hi Guys

Me again as i said I'm helping cat owners with there cats by seeking help and advise for there question i receive through my blog and here are a couple of questions i have received.

"I have a 9 yr old Siamese cat who has started urinating on the kids carpet. There is a litter tray for her to use at all times, and she can go outside, but prefers to be inside at all times. I also have a tabby cat (same age) who uses the litter tray at times but also goes outside. How can I get cat to stop this or any tips on getting her to try pee outside?"

many thanks in advance for you help.
Cat Lover

All Questions posted are from cat owner's seeking advice

www.catsproblems.co.uk

Link to CatChat