Author Topic: The saga of Charlie's ears UPDATE  (Read 1034 times)

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
Re: The saga of Charlie's ears
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 10:24:41 AM »
I'm not sure about the sound being distorted, but he must feel more irritable when his ears are hurting. We had a dog who used to get a lot of ear infections and you could tell he just wasn't happy in himself when his ears were playing up. He was irritable with the other dog and the cat and just looked down in the dumps.

I think his poorly ears would definitely affect his behaviour as his head must just hurt and it might affect his balance (it does in humans). Poor boy.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
The saga of Charlie's ears UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 10:12:49 AM »
As you will know Charlie has had ongoing ear infections since I got him.  He was infested with ear mites.  He has had several courses of ear drops which work but then it always returns.  I have also noticed that his behaviour is worse when his ears are bothering him.  I discussed the possibility of polyps with the vet who ruled it out.  I am going to speak to the vet this afternoon to see if another course of drops is in order as he did improve during his last course which only finished a couple of weeks ago.  I am wondering though if maybe sounds are distorted when his ears are infected as he does seem to react more to noise?  Any ideas welcome

Just had phone call from vet.  Says he will prescribe further course of drops but if it recurs after that Charlie will need to go in for further investigations.  Fingers crossed
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 19:51:56 PM by Maddiesmum »

Link to CatChat