Author Topic: Korky not peeing  (Read 1096 times)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: Korky not peeing
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 12:16:38 PM »
Well, just after I logged off last night Korky obliged with a wee and a poo (both normal) and overnight he did another big wee so I think he's OK.  I've decided not to bother with the vet as the trip in the heat would probably stress him out big time. We'll just keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't get overheated.  That said, its hotter than ever here today but the humidity that we had over the weekend has gone so it feels much pleasanter.  I wet my hands before stroking Korky now (helps keep him cool)  and we're keeping the AC on in the bedroom for him during the day while we're outside swealtering in the heat.  The things you do for a cat! 

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 09:13:55 AM »
Hope it's just the heat and that the vet can set your mind at rest.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 21:41:23 PM »
Fingers crossed for him Carol.
Please spay your cat

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Korky not peeing
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 21:18:53 PM »
Korky has mild to moderate CRF and normally pees huge amounts but he hasn't used his tray for 24 hours now, either to pee or to poo (which he usually does regularly once a day).   He is eating, drinking and behaving exactly as he always does. and not showing any signs of discomfort.  I will be getting a vet appointment tomorrow but in the meantime does anybody have any thoughts on this?  I should mention that we are in France and its been very hot for the last week or so but Korky doesn't appear to be dehydrated ( I've done the skin pinch test) and we've has the AC on so its been comfortable indoors where he spends most of his time.

Link to CatChat