Author Topic: Ging is very clingy lately  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Ging is very clingy lately
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 08:04:52 AM »
I would take him just to be on the safe side, some cats want more attention, some dont. Either way, clinginess needs checking out.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 07:55:40 AM »
I have found the opposite and that they tend to hide out of the way when they are sick. I think cats are really jealous and find them acting clingy if another one is getting more attention. I'm sure he's fine but a check up won't do any harm. Has he had a senior blood panel done recently?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 20:43:56 PM »
nope not over-reacting. When my animals become unusually clingy it usually means they are brewing something but not showing other symptoms. Brave the concept of seeming like an overly concerned owner, and have his temperature checked ... he could have some subclinical infection going on somewhere. Shadow does this when his leg is playing up before he shows a limp ...

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
Ging is very clingy lately
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 19:59:31 PM »
I am a bit worried about Ging.  Starting from last week (well nearly 2 weeks) he's started to jump up my back and onto the computer,he's never done this before and he wants to be with me whenever I am on here.  I mean I dont mind him being here but it does worry me that there might be something up with him,today he has followed me all day,even to the toilet.  I had bloods done on him 2 months ago and they were fine,didnt show nothing to worry about but I am worried there might be some underlying problem going on here.  He is 18 and I am worried that he's sensing that he might not have long left or something :(

is it me whos over-reacting or what?
Love me,love my animals.

Link to CatChat