Author Topic: **Stupid question alert!**  (Read 1408 times)

Offline likabu

• Adult Cat
Re: **Stupid question alert!**
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 15:48:30 PM »
I see - I was looking at the latest Asda advert and it made me wonder as I understand the need for Kitten food (whiskas kitten is £4 for 24 pouches in Asda at the mo and the traditional whiskas in gravy is £4 for 24 pouches also) but wasn't convinced on the Senior stuff.

My 2 cats have a long way to go yet before they are considered to be senior at 3 years old now but I agree that 7 sounds a bit young to be senior!

Thanks
Lisa

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 15:44:13 PM »
They do tweak the ingredients like reducing the phosphorus to make it gentler on the kidneys.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 15:38:39 PM »
If you read the side of cereal packets they will tell you they are senior at 7. Personally I would be more of the view that 11 was senior, from a dietary and healthcare perspective. But as I have had a cat age 19 and my sister's cat was 23 I suspect this might be a little bit like the newspaper report that offended my mother so badly many years ago that referred to a 50 year old woman as elderly!!

Offline likabu

• Adult Cat
**Stupid question alert!**
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 15:36:01 PM »
At the risk of sounding completely stupid - when is a cat considered senior and are there any health benefits to the senior foods that are on sale or is it just a ploy to get a few more pounds out of us?

Many thanks
Lisa

Link to CatChat