Author Topic: Health risks of not neutering or spaying.  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Health risks of not neutering or spaying.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 09:43:05 AM »
Thanks. I copied and pasted the one from the health section. Has it suddenly appeared? I checked there before posting this  :shocked:

I copied it into an email sent to the ex. In order that he doesn't junk it I've headed it "Important, please read, I have and STD!"  :rofl:

I  haven't, just thought it might get him to open the mail!!  :evillaugh: Hopefully, he will take some notice and get the poor pusscats done before he has fifty of them!
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 22:31:45 PM »
We also have a thread on this in our health guide section here http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4787.0.html

and here is a web page which answers alot of the reasons why people think not to neuter/spay http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/myths_and_facts_about_spaying_and_neutering.html

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 20:44:39 PM »
You might also want to read my article on Mammary cancer.
Please spay your cat

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 18:43:18 PM »
can we have this as a sticky on the general advice section - I would find it incredibly useful when I am bored and exploring Yahoo Answers in my spare time ... :evillaugh:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 12:49:12 PM »
Perhaps for now you could print off:-

Benefits of Neutering (males):
Reduces or eliminates risk of spraying and marking
Less desire to roam, therefore less likely to be in road traffic accidents, injured or cause injury to others in fights .
Decreases aggressive behaviour.

Benefits of Spaying (females):
No heat cycles, therefore males will not be attracted.
Risk of mammary gland tumors, ovarian and/or uterine cancer is reduced or eliminated. Even one season increases the chance of cancer later in life,  Cats will not acquire pyometra a life threatening infection. 

Neuters & spays reduces the risk of  the feline  equivalent of  aids and leukaemia for males and females
Reduces the number of unwanted cats/kittens.  Many go on to lead very short sad lives.
Helps cats  live 3 – 5 YEARS LONGER, healthier lives.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Health risks of not neutering or spaying.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 09:50:02 AM »
I would be immensely grateful to anyone who can recommend an internet site which strongly outlines the risks of not neutering or spaying cats. I want to send a link to my ex boyfriend who has 7 cats all not 'done' even though I managed to get him some vouchers covering the whole cost.

I have done a google search to no avail. Does anyone know a good source of info?  :thanks:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Link to CatChat