Author Topic: Stinky breath!  (Read 1103 times)

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
Re: Stinky breath!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 09:47:45 AM »
Its Hi-Life kitten food so its a complete food.

The breeder orignally only fed them biscuits it was us that introduced them to meat.  Consequently they are both very good biscuit eaters and always have been, especially Harry and his breath is the worst!

Ok fairly safe to assume its just teething?  If their breath hasn't improved in the next month or if I see their gums bleeding again I'll pop them down the vet for a check up.

cheers!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 07:53:31 AM »
They are still in the range for teething probs.....a kitten will have all their adult teeth by 7 month's so hopefully its just a case of that..... :hug:

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 22:33:42 PM »
They could have the onset of gingivitis, my cat had very smelly breath and he has gingivitis. Bleeding gums is also a sign. My cat will not eat biscuits at all so if yours do they may only be starting and if caught early enough it should clear up and not develop.

They might not have it could be something else?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 16:08:16 PM »
They could be teething, you might want to have a word with the vet. Some HiLife pouches are complimentary, so you mght just want to check what you are feeding them to ensure they have a complete diet.
Please spay your cat

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
Stinky breath!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 16:06:02 PM »
Charlie and Harry are very affectionate kittens, Harry in particular loves nothing more than to wake you up in the night by licking your face  - which is all very sweet, apart from the fact that their breath is minging!  :sick:

It truely smells terrible!  Is it just what we're feeding?  Hi-Life Poultry pouches or Hi-Life Sea food tins 3 times a day.  They also have constant access to Go-Cat bsicuits (although we switched to Whiskas yesterday).  Also concerning is that we've spotted them both have bleeding gums once.  Could be because they've chomped on a toy and caught their gums, or because they're losing their teeth or could it be ginigivitus??

Charlie and Harry are 6 months old today so fairly young for it to be teeth problems I'd have thought??  i also thought having biscuits to crunch on helped keep teeth clean??  They certainly look clean to me, but then i'm not a cat dentist LOL!

Anything i can do to get their breath smelling sweeter??

Link to CatChat