Author Topic: Nandrolone: how long does it last?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Nandrolone: how long does it last?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 18:09:09 PM »
It seems to have worn off already. He's not keen on eating and his (small) meals are now off the back of the spoon, usually in about 3 different locations in the flat. He's on Pepcid every other day, but so far that's made no diffs either. I just hope I can get enough down him to keep his weight steady. His cold is horrible today but that doesn't usually make such a diff to his appetite. SEB doesn't seem to have helped much either. This morning was the very first time he turned down most of his i/d breakfast - I subsequently got some of it down him via the spoon - but up until today that's the only meal that he was hungry enough and enjoyed enough to eat off a plate (albeit perched on top of the radiator).

I read somewhere that some people give a steroid as a weekly jab, but that doesn't sound too good for him (??). Plus I think he ate well as a result of the B12 jab. I don't think you can give those too often either.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Nandrolone: how long does it last?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 20:26:08 PM »
I think you get different types of this, if its what i am thinking of then the type we used lasted around 3-4 weeks but i think you get shorter acting too.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Nandrolone: how long does it last?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 14:05:18 PM »
Swampy got given a big injection of Nadrolone and B12 on wed as he was off his food pretty much completely. Yesterday he ate well and was hungry and asked for meals again. Today he's eaten, but with less enthusiasm. Any one know how long the effects should last? My vet said possibly the B12 had made him hungry again and the steroids still had to kick in.
He's put on a little bit of weight too (100g so quickly). Is this normal? (no athlete jokes, poor lamb, OH's made enough of those!). thanks.

Link to CatChat