Author Topic: I gave kylie food on a plate that had dishwasher detergent on!  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: I gave kylie food on a plate that had dishwasher detergent on!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 20:48:35 PM »
 ;D Thanks BC - I was thinking it's like homeopathic medicine - one tab had been watered down in however many litres of water + although she get really excited and vocal when I put the dish down, she only has a nibble and prefers it stone cold later  ;D

She drinks loads as well - I will just keep an eye.

PS - I didn't explain in the 1st message - I turned it off mid wash as it bleeps really loudly at the end of a cycle and keeps on every 5 minutes for an hour  :Crazy:
I need to find the book to see if I can disable the bleeper as it serves no purpose other than to annoy  :tired:
The old one used to go beep beep - and that was it  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 20:53:22 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: I gave kylie food on a plate that had dishwasher detergent on!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 20:40:56 PM »
unlikely to be critical, but just keep an eye on her and see if she is acting differently - lethargic, vomitting etc. Deep Breaths there Mark

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I gave kylie food on a plate that had dishwasher detergent on!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 20:39:24 PM »
I ran the dishwasher last night but when I went to bed, there was almost an hour left to go. I forgot all about it today. I microwaved some fish for kylie and thought there was a funny smell but dismissed it. When I went to empty the rest of the dishwasher, I realised that there was soapy water in the bottom so the rinse cycle hadn't been done. I took the plate off her and she hadonly eaten a tiny amount so if she ingested anything, it would have been a miniscule amount - I'm trying not to overreact but can anyone advise?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 20:39:40 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat