Author Topic: A Clan cats vet visit!  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: A Clan cats vet visit!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 20:52:37 PM »
Please teach me how to catch Sasa, it took over two hours before Christmas and she was limping  :rofl: :rofl:

I suppose it doesnt help cos once I have trapped her I cant lean over or pick her up cos she is too heavy and strong for me...........sigh
So spend ages stroking and talking to her while she huddles in a ball. once she has stopped crying pityfully. So she gentle gets sorta coaxed into the cage.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 19:19:21 PM »
So what did you do the rest of the day, Liz?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 16:42:19 PM »
You have really got your hands full you must be :tired: xx
Caroline xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 13:49:23 PM »
LOL

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
A Clan cats vet visit!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 13:39:39 PM »
Well today saw us up bright and early for taking 5 of our feals to the vet for Program and Boosters, firstly let dogs out, do 18 grit boxes, feed 38 breakfasts on saucers to the mob, let dogs - well Jazz comes in Sky goes to get his pal out to play, then human ablutions and then build cat boxes and take ferals to vet!

Today was extra special as we managed to get Sailor in to a crush cage and get him to the vets for Boosters and program, not seemingly unusla but Sailor is our second worst feral - Ace holds the title for worst as he is still stalking us for removing his Mother Miss Gracie yesterday!

Sailor came back to us 2 and half years ago with his siter Amber - they were former fosters of ours, Amber blossomed on coming back, has full indoor/outdoor privilages and is Robins Stalker, where as Sailor decided he was going to live on a shelf in our old house and here moved to the bookcase in the upstairs study and has learnt to be stroked if you ignore the hissing and growling and the biting he does.  Vet suugest we check him over having spent 35 mins getting him in tot he crush cage advise nope just injections please, he flipped in the crusher but is now injected and will get a chip in 6 months time with his Program top up if we ever convince him to go in the crusher again.

Add in Rogue who is limping - not now he's had a painkiller and anitbiotic and wants to go our to play, Lynx who was good till the vet wanted to look at his teeth - impale claws till nice man lets go of mouth, Xian was a star of feral brindle tortie who even let her self be weighed - she is perfect in the vets words and even let a couple of chin rubs be done and as I type this she has not ripped the fur from her body - she hates being touched and finally Sparkle who swore like a marine and clawed Daddy but apart from that was well behaved no wall of death this time!

All injected and health checked in 25 mins and ready to go home - it took us longer to catch them! :Luv:

Oh also tablet Jazz and inject Tiger all this done in an hour and a half so for those who despair of getting notrmal cats in a box there is hope we used to need about 3 hours to do this lot for a visit but either they are letting us win or we are getting faster at catching them! : :shocked:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 13:41:57 PM by Liz »
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat